+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Girls I'm going to put something out there .... I used to be a devout Huggies nappy buyer and J&J wipes purchaser. I honestly never tried any other type of nappy and I was not prepared to sway. One day I sent my mum to get some Nappies and she picked up HOMEBRAND ones. My jaw hit the floor but I was completely out of nappies and had no choice but to use them. I was shocked to realise that for the first time my DS2 had no leaks. They didn't feel as crunchy as the Huggies and much to my disdain I was converted. After this I decided to give a cheaper brand of wipes a go. I bought the woolies select fragranced wipes. The scent is so nice I use them on myself. I have now converted many many brand snob friends because they've used my wipes and are amazed at just how great they are. They honestly exceed J & J in my opinion and although I was fuming inside when my mum brought those cheap nappies home she completely changed my view and my bank balance along the way

I still can't use homebrand toilet paper though and to be honest it doesn't stack up in many areas to me but I was pleasantly surprised with the nappies. We've still to this day over a year later never had a single leak. Although he only wears them at night now.

ETA- I used MCN on DS1 ... Had over 50 nappies for him ... Just didn't do out for DS2 do cost wasn't even a factor. They were actually just nicer in my opinion.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 21-01-2014 at 06:17.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I refuse to use homebrand anything from Woolies or Coles because it makes my blood boil how they influence and dominate the market.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (21-01-2014),btmacxxx  (21-01-2014),giggle berry  (21-01-2014),Mod-biscotti  (21-01-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (21-01-2014),Mopoke  (21-01-2014),OurLittleBlessing  (21-01-2014),Smyles  (21-01-2014),Starfish30  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huggies nappies

Huggies wipes. Coles wipes are also quite good but I get the ones made in USA not china. These are very similar to Huggies wipes which are also made in USA.

Ardmona tinned tomatoes as they are Australian

White wings flour for cooking.

Mostly I have my favorites but am willing to try other brands when on special. I do try to buy Australian products where available. Was very surprised to find nearly all the long life juice at supermarkets were made from imported fruit and hence will only buy fresh but am not fussy about the brand. Preshafruit apple juice is delicious!

For most things I am not fussy over a particular brand and will often try what's on special.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not overly. I wil try different brands occasionally but always go back to the old Faithfuls. It's a pain though as I shop at aldi which means I still need to go to woolies.
    I buy sponges: only wettex
    tampons/pads only llibra
    washing detergent only omo and cuddly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Girls I'm going to put something out there .... I used to be a devout Huggies nappy buyer and J&J wipes purchaser. I honestly never tried any other type of nappy and I was not prepared to sway. One day I sent my mum to get some Nappies and she picked up HOMEBRAND ones. My jaw hit the floor but I was completely out of nappies and had no choice but to use them. I was shocked to realise that for the first time my DS2 had no leaks. They didn't feel as crunchy as the Huggies and much to my disdain I was converted. After this I decided to give a cheaper brand of wipes a go. I bought the woolies select fragranced wipes. The scent is so nice I use them on myself. I have now converted many many brand snob friends because they've used my wipes and are amazed at just how great they are. They honestly exceed J & J in my opinion and although I was fuming inside when my mum brought those cheap nappies home she completely changed my view and my bank balance along the way

I still can't use homebrand toilet paper though and to be honest it doesn't stack up in many areas to me but I was pleasantly surprised with the nappies. We've still to this day over a year later never had a single leak. Although he only wears them at night now.

ETA- I used MCN on DS1 ... Had over 50 nappies for him ... Just didn't do out for DS2 do cost wasn't even a factor. They were actually just nicer in my opinion.
    Yep I'm so off Huggies too (I also usually use mcns) I use baby love now when I need too. I has never tried anything other then Huggies but then used another bubs nappy and now I realise they are pretty ordinary!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not really. I quite like trying out different brands and I love getting what's on special

My exceptions are:

- I only like quality paper towel like Viva or Handee Ultra. Any other brand disappoints me.
    - For DS's bum changes, Curash wipes.
    - I stick to **** Smith's peanut butter now.
    - I like decent toilet paper and generally only long or double length rolls.
    - Patak's (Indian) or Maesri (Thai) curry pastes.

DH is more of a brand snob than me! Sometimes he cringes at my choices

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I'm not a brand snob really can't afford to be.

We get pretty much everything at aldi and I am happy with the quality and because there is less choice I tend to spend a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nup, not at all. I buy whatever's cheap. The only thing I don't buy home brand out the cheap aldi brand is pasta. Wipes I need to use huggies as every other brand gives DD a rash. (Or Gaia, but buggies are cheaper!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only three things I can think of that I HAVE to buy are:
    Viva hand towels
    cream cheese has to be Philadelphia
    and soy milk has to be either vitasoy or bonsoy.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Oh alright, I'll confess!

Canned goods- SPC- they need all our support to remain in operation, so I would encourage everyone else to buy SPC when they can too. Heinz takes all profits offshore
    Sanitary items- Libra
    Nappies- Huggies
    Cereal- Kelloggs
    Toilet Paper- Quilton
    Milk- Diary Farmers
    Bread- Bakery (never from the supermarket- it goes moudly so quickly, despite their additions of 208 - I think that's the additive- someone correct me if I am wrong)
    Lunchbox items- Uncle Toby's eg muesli bars, Le snacks etc. Want to start using more fresh food though!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-01-2014)