+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    The new 2013 standards are still waiting to me mandated. Once they are manufacturers can start producing isofix seats. Importing an overseas seat may be an option but just remember it won't be legal.
    What do you mean by mandated?

SA has amended their standard to allow for isofix (as DJ Nette said it includes the top tether strap as well as the isofix point). As far as I am aware that is all that is needed for manufacturers to go ahead and make seats that comply.

http://www.standards.org.au/Analytic...01754%20MR.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Ok.. Thanks for the info.

Yeah.. my teeny dd is almost out of her capsule at nearly 14 months old!! Yes you read that right. I was hoping for a new seat with isofix.. she's probably has 3cm or 4cm to go before she is at the shoulder height.
    Now to research which seat is best for her since she's so little.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We have the opposite problem, I was researching because DD (5 months) is almost out of her capsule and we have just bought a new car. I would still like her to rear face for quite awhile yet, so need to find a larger rear facing seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    We have the opposite problem, I was researching because DD (5 months) is almost out of her capsule and we have just bought a new car. I would still like her to rear face for quite awhile yet, so need to find a larger rear facing seat.
    We just got a new car too!
    How funny. .I am actually really wanting to turn her ff... Because she's desperate to sit up and look around. A few months ago I tried her in every seat that was 6months-4 years and she was far too small!! I'm hoping she might do better now!

I suggest you head to your local baby shop and try bub in every seat! That's what I did and will do again very soon. Then you'll know which one works best.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    What do you mean by mandated?

SA has amended their standard to allow for isofix (as DJ Nette said it includes the top tether strap as well as the isofix point). As far as I am aware that is all that is needed for manufacturers to go ahead and make seats that comply.

http://www.standards.org.au/Analytic...01754%20MR.pdf
    The standards have been altered but they haven't actually been passed in parliament yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The standards have been altered but they haven't actually been passed in parliament yet.
    It doesn't have to be passed by Parliament. The relevant Minister can just issue a notice.

You're right in that the 2013 Standard is still voluntary, but that doesn't prevent manufacturers making seats that comply. It just prevents the requirement that they do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about "passing through Parliament" I can't find any info on that but the standard allowing ISOFIX came into effect in June 2013. Here is some great info on the introduction and how it will work from CREP http://www.crep.com.au/ISOFIX COMPAT...restraints.pdf
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 21-01-2014 at 08:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A good budget option is the infasecure Neon. My tall 11 month old has ages to reach the FF line. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the more expensive seats but at $118 on sale, it's a great seat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    They don't need to be, the legislation only specifies AS/NZS 1754 needs to be complied with. No further amendments to the legislation are required.

I'm at work at the moment but can go into more detail when I get home, if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't need to be, the legislation only specifies AS/NZS 1754 needs to be complied with. No further amendments to the legislation are required.

I'm at work at the moment but can go into more detail when I get home, if needed.
    Would love it if you could. Don't mind being proved wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out ss 104 & 105 of the ACL. There is no need for any change in the standard to be passed by Parliament.

The Minister just issues a notice under the ACL.