+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Yes - he had an ear infection which aggravated the nerve enough for it to stop working.
    Hope you get some clear answers or direction soon.
    For his palsy we were told to go to the paediatrician and waited for hours at the hospital only for them to google how to treat it online (clearly visible from his bed). Thankfully the steroids worked, but apparently they should have sent us straight to the ENT for the op then and there as his ongoing ear fluid problems could have easily set off another palsy which may not have as easily reversed. (It was 6 months later by the time we finished jumping through the hoops and convinced them that his hearing was not right in order to get a referral)

If they've checked your ears properly then that is a good start - just wanted to make sure that they weren't just treating symptoms but get to the cause if there is one so that it doesn't happen again and your body can heal better.

Do you think the steroids are working yet?
    Thank u, i will make sure they give my ears a good check tomorrow
    Ive had no pain in them except before the onset of the bp but want to make sure.

Not sure if steroids are working. It hasnt got worse. Ive noticed theres been no twitching around my mouth at all and my eye only twitched about 2 times the whole of yesterday so im guessing that may be a good sign?

Still not blinking great and my smile looks a little weird. Ive had no drooping and still have muscle movement so not total paralysis which is good.

Have been sleeping quite well too and the meds dont seem to be giving me anymore side effects

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Thank u, i will make sure they give my ears a good check tomorrow
    Ive had no pain in them except before the onset of the bp but want to make sure.

Not sure if steroids are working. It hasnt got worse. Ive noticed theres been no twitching around my mouth at all and my eye only twitched about 2 times the whole of yesterday so im guessing that may be a good sign?

Still not blinking great and my smile looks a little weird. Ive had no drooping and still have muscle movement so not total paralysis which is good.

Have been sleeping quite well too and the meds dont seem to be giving me anymore side effects
    Are putting eye drops it?
    If your not blinking properly and you don't you damage your eye sight for good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes using eye drops during the day and a gel and patch at night

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My vision is quite blurry in my bad eye tho, is very annoying. I read this is a common symptom so trying to rest my as much as i can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    My vision is quite blurry in my bad eye tho, is very annoying. I read this is a common symptom so trying to rest my as much as i can
    Yes josie complained about that. It only lasted a week.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thought id report day 12 and definite improvements.

Right eye blinking much better and seems back in unison with the left. Vision has improved heaps!

Mouth seems to be almost back to normal.

Generally feeling better as was feeling really run down and tired.

Headache around eye and temple on rhs still persisting - mainly when i get tired which apparently is part of the nerves healing.

Feeling much more positive

Just hope it doesnt make a return this pregnancy as im only 24 weeks!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news and sounds like the steroids may have done the trick

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Bell's palsy when I was 13years old. It started with horrible taste in my mouth, then within a couple of days my eyesight got blurry. The next day I then woke up with a droopy face. It was very scary! I was on steroids, used eye drops, and did some facial exercises (attempting to raise eyebrows, etc). I was fully recovered within 2 weeks.
    The following year I got it again but it was a more mild dose and cleared quickly again.
    As I was young I was told my recovery would be better and quicker than adults. I've had no problems since.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melzzy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How fantastic to have some improvement. So hope it continues for you x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    How are you today?