+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Right expiry date under the sticker

Hello anyone had ever this experience before?
    I bought dermalex repair for babies from www.dermalex.com.au and they sent engraved 201113 on the tube under the sticker says 2014--11 so I complained but they replied me that they were given approval to extend the dating of product by one year.
    However, they have not posted it on their website even they did not give me any notice before I got it.
    I firmly complained and reported TGA but this company seems still do not know why I am angry and upset.
    I applied it to my son who has bad eczema couple of times and after I realised I screamed and shocked. do you guys understand me?
    Anyone had ever similar experience before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's only a month and a half out of date. I'm an RN and when giving meds you can use them up to the end of the month that's stamped as the used by date.
    I'd be mildly annoyed that they sent old stock but in regards to it affecting your LO, TBH I'm not sure I'd be that concerned, it not something that would go off in a hurry.
    We had a patient come in recently with an overdose of barbiturates that has expired in the 90's.... They still worked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Kkj  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Like what bubblesk said, I was told medicine loses it potency after use by dates, it doesn't go "off". The cream if anything wouldn't work as well but shouldn't cause any harm is my understating.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know in animal medicine sometimes a company will get approval to extend an expiry date. The company and/or wholesaler then sends us (veterinary clinic) a letter outlining the approval for extension plus labels reflecting the new expiry date to be put over the old date (as you described your tube). We don't pass on the letter of approval to customers and the new expiry date is then considered current.

I presume it may be a similar case in human medicine. The product still works past it's expiry date.

Certainly if you had an adverse reaction to the product I'd take that up with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tropical Bub For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your kind reply.