+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a contracts consultant in the construction industry. Engineer original and that was my child-friendly flexible side-step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    University lecturer in Health Sciences. Took me a long time to get here but I love it
    Do you mind if I ask what you had to do to get there?

As for me, I'm in Administration and Personal Training, being a pt is great fun, but not the most family friendly (or sleep, or having a life) hours!

I'm just starting to study to be a secondary teacher at the moment, I was considering eventually trying to become a lecturer, or teaching the fitness courses, but I'm not really sure yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Senior Account Director for a digital agency (part time).

Wanting a career change though and very slowly chipping away at a graduate diploma in Psychology while having my babies
    Cue, what do you plan to do with your diploma?? I'm just curious as I did an Msc in health psychology in the UK years ago and then worked in public health. I don't see many jobs in my area so thought about going back to psychology but I think the new rules to become a psychologist would require another 3-5 years of training and placements etc so it's just not feasible with 2 kids (and surprise one on the way!) Sorry for ramble I'd just love some ideas of how I could actually use my education!
    ps who are you doing your diploma with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Cue, what do you plan to do with your diploma?? I'm just curious as I did an Msc in health psychology in the UK years ago and then worked in public health. I don't see many jobs in my area so thought about going back to psychology but I think the new rules to become a psychologist would require another 3-5 years of training and placements etc so it's just not feasible with 2 kids (and surprise one on the way!) Sorry for ramble I'd just love some ideas of how I could actually use my education!
    ps who are you doing your diploma with?
    At the moment I'm thinking I'd like to go on to do the post grad diploma (4th year equivalent) and potentially work towards becoming a registered psychologist - provided I do ok in the course!

It will take me ages but that's ok. I'm doing it through CSU and it's all done via distance, with a couple of subjects requiring a residential school on-campus for a couple of days. I'm not doing any subjects that require residential school for a while, and am only doing 1 subject per session. The typical load is 2 subjects per semester for 2 years.

Have a look on the CSU site, they have a bunch of info on the course and what you can do with it. It might even be worth calling student services to see whether your previous study will count towards a qualification here. Also, you could contact the APS for info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Hospitality..Café/resturants
    Ah, ok. If you'd spelled it "hospo" instead of "hopso" I may have guessed it myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been a SAHM for 5 years. Before that I was a long haul flight attendant. I'm going back to uni next month to become a mental health nurse..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a self employeed Personal Trainer & it's the best. Seriously. Do it. You won't regret it.

Im currently only 'working' 10 hours a week but making between 80 - 160 an hour. Plus free childcare (crèche) plus tax right offs (being a sole trader) PERFECT mummy job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Programming.

I've co-founded a company in the past - in fact, that was the reason I moved to Australia. These days I'm working for a company that does demand-side energy management (essentially, turning stuff off when electricity becomes sufficiently scarce or expensive that it makes economic sense to do so).

It's a ridiculously good line of work to be in although there are a few health issues (RSI, plus sitting all day ... hence why I have a mechanical keyboard and a standing desk).

My wife is a helicopter pilot (flying a desk for the past few years due to pregnancy).
    Last edited by duncan_bayne; 23-01-2014 at 23:41. Reason: Clarified

Thanks
    Reviews
    I run a couple of companies with my DH I honestly think we need to slow down a bit before bub comes but DH seems to be ramping up and taking on new projects so we will see. May need to take on more staff.