+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Planning With Kids looks good too

http://planningwithkids.com/2010/04/...nised-at-home/
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 26-01-2014 at 13:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've tidying my cupboard twice since moving in - once was a forced tidy as I discovered the wrapping paper I was keeping at the bottom was apparently an excellent home for mice!
    Argh. Eek. Spew. (Haha)

I've found the thing that works is having like things together... Sounds simple now, but I was trying to put it together the way it best fit in the cupboard & how it looked best, instead of how I used it. Now all my towels, face washers, bath mats (all bathroom stuff) is together, all the swimming stuff together, and it's working perfectly.

Is anyone a good online shopper/finder-er?
    I have a space that I want to find a trunk/box for 76cm wide is the max. It will sit under a built in desk in the kids rooms.
    In case anyone is bored on night lol

I had a spur of the moment tidy up in the kids rooms today; I was going to leave it until they went back to school, but feels good to be organised in there for them. I went to Am@rt and bought a cheap bookcase for DS1.
    Still have to sift through their "treasures" (ie junk)
    But I took everything off their walls and wiped down the walls. (Grubby little monsters!!)
    I'll try and upload a pic of the space that I'm looking for the trunk.

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebeingamum! For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1390720196.493461.jpg

So where the (too) big wooden trunk is now, I'd like a smaller one that will turn around and fit nicely.
    We had the desks put in when we built, but since having DS1 start school I've realised that he'll do his homework at the kitchen table where I can help. I still like the idea, but it just won't be used while they're young.
    There's an identical one in DS2 room.

I probably wouldn't even mind a cube idea, where I can put baskets into.
    I'm wanting a place for hats & ...??

And the white bookcase is the one I got today )

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What about some hooks on the side of the bookcase for hats? Will have a look around for a toy box

7. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh-me-god.
    How good a finder-er are you!!

I'm loving the seat/box idea; going to go have a look at the dimensions now.

Also love the hooks for hats idea; that way I can limit the hats out at once. Having 5 different flat brim hats on the go at once was doing my head in last year. I had to confiscate them all when nits were going around :/ I couldn't keep up with what hat was 'clean'

Thanks so much!!
    (How good is the $2 shipping deal!!??)

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebeingamum! For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a huge clean up earlier this month. I had to get rid of an old cupboard so the stuff in there had to be cleaned out. It meant I had to clean and tidy up my other cupboards and shelves to make room for other things. I have sold a few items on eBay and still got things to sell. I'm doing it in small lots so not so much to spend when posting. I definitely felt much better after I cleaned it all up.
    Now I feel organised and I can keep it that way now.

Single mum to DS (5y.o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with pinterest having some great ideas for organising. I have a few boards set up for that.

I am going to be working on my linen cupboard in the next few weeks too. I have seen some where they have used baskets or bins and used them to store each type of item in them and then they have each basket labelled. I think I might try this. Looks really neat and tidy.

I am off to Ikea tomorrow to pick up some storage items to help with some of my projects. Has anyone bought anything from Ikea recently?

I am loving everyone's ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the basket ideas; they do look very neat and tidy. And some of the handmade tags I've seen look so gorg!!

My mum puts her sheet sets in one of the pillowcases; that way everything is folded up the same size (I can never so it the same!! lol) and the whole set is right there.
    It wouldn't work for me as I like to mix my colours up

Piccys pls Wifey lol

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best purchase I made from IKEA was the storage for the playroom.
    The unit with the slide out drawers. I could mix and match the sizes and colours. Then I printed out pictures for the drawers of what toys lived in there. Made packing up easier for my kids; and also for any friends that were over and wanted to help tidy up.
    My biggest "ergh" moment is when ppl help pack up and put stuff in the wrong spot haha.

What's on your wish list Wifey?

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012