+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OMG looking at I Heart Organizing..I'm in love

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Jen at I Heart Organizing is amazing. I love her ideas. It is probably my favourite organising blog .

Let us know if you are going to utilise any of her ideas in your own homes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone use and stick to a cleaning schedule?
    Or is it just "as you see it needs doing, do it"?

I would love a cleaning schedule.
    I found when I was googling them and reading about them in blogs that it would seem to free up time. I feel like I am forever cleaning. All. The. Time. Sigh
    I like the idea of "bathrooms on Wednesday" and only Wednesday.
    But I think with my youngest starting school I can def have a cleaning "day", once a week. And get everything done and feel like my whole house is clean.
    At the moment it's more like; "DS2 is doing *that* so I'll quickly go and do *that*"

I have to have a little giggle at myself though cause I even want to organise my cleaning. Haha

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I clean on Sunday afternoons lbam as both my boys are in school it stays relevantly clean for the week, I only have to do odd bits a pieces Mon-Fri ie 2nd toilet and vanity, stove top, vacuum the floors (I do this everyday). I usually get someone in to do the windows/oven every 3 months, in time for my 3 monthly rent inspection.

Everything else I do as it comes up.

Will do @Wifey0313

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment I am just cleaning as I go and if it needs it then I do it. I would like to have a routine for my cleaning.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to organise your cleaning, Lovebeingamum

Let us know if you set up cleaning routine and how it goes.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I Heart Organising looks great....but I still have a loyalty to The Organised Housewife and SAHM, and they are both based fairly local to me so they shop at stores I can access easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sub

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey0313 View Post
    At the moment I am just cleaning as I go and if it needs it then I do it. I would like to have a routine for my cleaning.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to organise your cleaning, Lovebeingamum

Let us know if you set up cleaning routine and how it goes.
    I do the same, I have anti bac wipes in most rooms so if I decide it needs a wipe over it is just to do it!!

Right, I have changed my plan from laundry to ensuite cupboard...my house is spotless generally but spare room cupboards, ensuite cabinet & my WIR tend to end up as a dumping zone...

I just bought baskets from Kmart for $2 to assist....here we go!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (25-01-2014),headoverfeet  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone .

How are you all going with your organising projects? My next project will be the spare room. It has become a storage area and I need to get it cleared out incase we have guests.

Rose, I love your idea of having cleaning wipes in each room to wipe things as you see them. I have some in my bathroom and it has made quick cleans really easy. Would love to see some pictures of your finished areas.

Does anyone have any holiday organising tips? How and what do you pack? Any must haves for long flights?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

rose2207  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started my linen cupboard yesterday... Trying to get it finished with a nine month old is tough! But once it's done everything will be easier.

It's in our dining room which is part of our open plan living areas. I'm always so embarrassed when the girls leave the cupboard open by accident and someone cones over, or when ppl decide to have swim and need to borrow a towel. Then there are the rare occasions I need to set up the air bed and I can't find the sheets that fit it

THEN there is all the craft (crap) scattered along the bottom, and my seeing stuff that sits next to the linen cupboard that really should fit in there. Plus there a emergency gifts or last minute gifts scattered through the cupboard as well for when I forget that the kids have a party to go to so I don't have to do a mad dash to the shops before a party. I also buy things when I see them on special like monster high dolls half price!

Plus my partner has taken the top shelves for all his model cars which are still in their boxes ! *sigh*

I do ask for a lot from my poor cupboard - so far I have two bags for my nieces of little girls bedding that miss 11 &12 would kill me if I put on their beds. I tried to through away the VB bed spread my partner had when we met but he busted me! I have tossed towels that have seen better days in a rag bag for dp ( somewhere where I'd be happy to see his bed spread!)

Already thinking about what's next, maybe my kitchen cabinets - I've never been happy with how they are laid out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast