+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone,

It is great to see some more people here. We are going to have some very organised houses this year.

Headoverfeet, I like the stand that you have for the school bags. It is pretty and functional. As for displaying photos and mementos on a temporary basis, the fabric covered board is a good one and I have also seen people use a hanging line with mini pegs attached and they hang them from that and just change when they want to. I think Ikea has something similar. Will see if I can find it.
    I like your chore charts also.

Hi Rose, I am the same when it comes to organisation. It has to be functional but pretty. I like your idea of hanging your bobby pins. They can get everywhere. I am looking forward to hearing what you do with your laundry.

Ourbradybunch, I don't think you are crazy. I need things to be organised and I love looking at organised spaces. You have some great ideas especially with the paper system. Thanks for your input.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingamum! View Post
    HOF; I love the idea of a complete group of items in a container. To just pick up and use. Same with storing things together; my linen cupboard has a section for swimmers, goggles, towels, floaties, all together. So the kids can sort themselves out. Usually though I get "Muuuum; I forgot my towel..." Sigh
    -re the changeable display; I had three pieces of sheet metal cut (bought from hardware) and I have fabric to cover it (or maybe spray paint it?) and am planning in hanging it up in my hallway; to replace my photo gallery of frames. The photos of the kids are so outdated and never get updated.
    -I love your chore charts!! Isn't it amazing how eager kids get when you add the incentive of money or toys haha

Rose; I wonder if your laundry knows what's about to hit it lol

OurBradyBunch; you sound very organised; and not even a little crazy haha!
    I also don't know how ppl get disorganised, but I do know that sometimes I just run out of time; in the mornings before leaving for school, at night when I just run out of puff and inclination, or when I think; play with the kids, the dishes can wait!
    Then I have a big tidy up day or morning an I'm all back on too of everything

Monnie; my nana is a shocking hoarder, my mum is better and I am a little an@l because I don't want to be like them.
    -paperwork; I've found the best systems so far is a clipboard where all my "to pay bills" and "things to do" notes and I also write the due date on my wall calendar that I use day to day.

SPG; I never knew that the Org H'w mum was a hoarder!! No wonder shes so organised.
    I know it was quite devastating to her when she passed away.

Wifey; I'll do another post with the cereal box link invade you missed it; I think I found it amongst her office organization or something

Isabella; I would start off with 3/4 or 1 cup in a top loader.
    I works with all and any fabrics. It's great for washing any microfibre cloths because you're not loading it up with detergents or anything.
    Like I said; it works so good on hubby's clothes and he is greasy and smelly lol
    And towels & linen are so great. Once you get over the loss of "pretty" smelling clothes after they're washed, you'll never go back. And it would be great for baby and kids clothes too.
    It's the only thing I use now.

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

It should be scared!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovebeingamum, thanks for the link. I am definitely going to try this. I love using things that I already have. Very clever idea. I have been on Jen's blog again and have been pinning some more things to try.

Thanks for sharing your tips everyone. Loving them all.

What does everyone use for managing their time? Do you use a diary, planner, calendar, technology?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We started the year off by renovating ds1's room, we painted it, put new curtains up, had a huge clear out, a new wardrobe and cupboards then we moved both ds's into the same room. I had a massive clean out of books and got a bookshelf for the rest, a shelf for those special things and plastic tubs for arts and crafts, games and puzzles. The new babies room is next. Slowly going to do every room in the house before bubs arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey0313 View Post
    What does everyone use for managing their time? Do you use a diary, planner, calendar, technology?
    Are you on Facebook? The lady from Project Happy Life asked the same question yesterday
    Shes also an "Organiser" (love)

Because I need something really quick and easy, I just have a wall calendar, that has a pocket at the bottom for any forms or papers. My mum buys me one every Xmas hehe
    And everything gets written on that. Appointments, bills to pay, what bins to put out, birthdays.
    How bout you- what do you use atm?
    I've seen a couple women on the blogs get personalised organisers from overseas; I think The Home She Made & Organising The Four Of Us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovebeingamum,

I'm not on Facebook but will check out the Project Happy Life lady. She sounds interesting. Does she have a blog too?

I use a Filofax planner at the moment. I love that I can customise it to our life. I like to decorate it too.

The personalised planners are Erin Condren and they are popular too. I have considered getting one but they are expensive with postage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladies... Tell me about laundry/ clothes lines.... Laundry has always been my weakest house hold job. I'm on top of everything as of this moment so want to stay this way.

I also need help with my pegs... I'm lazy and leave them on the line only to curse myself when they are either brittle and snap or when I try to hang sheets and I need to move all the pegs around to make a clear line. I've tried a peg bag- it lasted a week, I had a peg basket but it became brittle and broke too.

These things may seem simple to you but I raised by a single father so we just made it up as we went along- I still do! Lol

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi81 View Post
    Hi again ladies... Tell me about laundry/ clothes lines.... Laundry has always been my weakest house hold job. I'm on top of everything as of this moment so want to stay this way.

I also need help with my pegs... I'm lazy and leave them on the line only to curse myself when they are either brittle and snap or when I try to hang sheets and I need to move all the pegs around to make a clear line. I've tried a peg bag- it lasted a week, I had a peg basket but it became brittle and broke too.

These things may seem simple to you but I raised by a single father so we just made it up as we went along- I still do! Lol
    Someone here on bubhub said that they have a clothes hanging apron and they keep all the pegs in the apron and just put them in and take them out as they go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (22-01-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have the diray/organizer from TOH

Regarding laundry I would love those laundry tubs that fit inside your cupboards on runners like the kitchen bins? But alas..so I have tubs from masters, black for dark clothing, clear for white and grey for linen. Its easy for my kids to sort that way! Im lucky I have a rather large laundry though so plenty of floor space. Regarding drying it..I use the dryer 24/7 at the moment I usually do 2 loads a day, sometimes 3. Darks at night, linen and/or whites during the day.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladies,

The clothes hanging apron sounds interesting. I just put my pegs in a metal basket and it hangs up near my line. I am trying to work out a laundry system so that I am not doing a lot at once.

Headoverfeet, I like your idea of using different coloured baskets for different types of clothing and linen.

Does anyone have any ideas on storage in a small laundry?

Another great Australian organising blog is forever organised. She has some great ideas.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (23-01-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast