+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need help for paper work like bills etc pay slips I have no idea how to keep this stuff in order.

Also kitchen utensils and Tupper ware o m g anxiety.

My mums a hoarder so I find myself the opposite mess overwhelms me so I end up throwing useful things out :/

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you like 'the organised housewife' on fb or just go to her website she has this great shelf and under it she has nailed to the wall some magazine holder/boxes. It looks like a good idea for bills etc. Also v you might find her a kindred spirit because her late mother was a hoarder too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I am glad that we have a few fans of organising here . More are always welcome. I love getting everyone's ideas on what they do to stay organised.

Lovebeingamum, hello
    I am going to try the bicarb in the wash as soon as I finish my current bottle of laundry liquid. Will let you know how I go.

Good job on the lounge and kitchen organising. I have started in my kitchen but haven't finished yet.

I have seen some good ideas for using mementos in decor such as putting travel souvenirs in frames and hanging them on walls and I am planning on putting cards in scrapbooks or making a book for each event such as weddings, important birthdays etc. Pinterest has some great ideas for this. I will let you know if I find some other ways of displaying mementos. Your quilt sounds amazing. I have always wanted to make one. Great idea.

I love the cereal box drawer divider idea too. So creative. I am going to implement that in my drawers.

I will be back later to reply to everyone else .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (22-01-2014),lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lovebeingamum - I'm intrigued by the bicarb instead of washing powder idea. Does it work for all kinds of fabrics? Whites and colours? Any ideas how much to use per load in a top loader?

My organising mission this week is DDs cupboards... She has so many clothes & toys to try and store, it's insane. I Have also got a plan for eliminating such an excessive amount in future which involves a stern talk to my mother (wish me luck).

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing so many great ideas!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglepuss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOF; I love the idea of a complete group of items in a container. To just pick up and use. Same with storing things together; my linen cupboard has a section for swimmers, goggles, towels, floaties, all together. So the kids can sort themselves out. Usually though I get "Muuuum; I forgot my towel..." Sigh
    -re the changeable display; I had three pieces of sheet metal cut (bought from hardware) and I have fabric to cover it (or maybe spray paint it?) and am planning in hanging it up in my hallway; to replace my photo gallery of frames. The photos of the kids are so outdated and never get updated.
    -I love your chore charts!! Isn't it amazing how eager kids get when you add the incentive of money or toys haha

Rose; I wonder if your laundry knows what's about to hit it lol

OurBradyBunch; you sound very organised; and not even a little crazy haha!
    I also don't know how ppl get disorganised, but I do know that sometimes I just run out of time; in the mornings before leaving for school, at night when I just run out of puff and inclination, or when I think; play with the kids, the dishes can wait!
    Then I have a big tidy up day or morning an I'm all back on too of everything

Monnie; my nana is a shocking hoarder, my mum is better and I am a little an@l because I don't want to be like them.
    -paperwork; I've found the best systems so far is a clipboard where all my "to pay bills" and "things to do" notes and I also write the due date on my wall calendar that I use day to day.

SPG; I never knew that the Org H'w mum was a hoarder!! No wonder shes so organised.
    I know it was quite devastating to her when she passed away.

Wifey; I'll do another post with the cereal box link invade you missed it; I think I found it amongst her office organization or something

Isabella; I would start off with 3/4 or 1 cup in a top loader.
    I works with all and any fabrics. It's great for washing any microfibre cloths because you're not loading it up with detergents or anything.
    Like I said; it works so good on hubby's clothes and he is greasy and smelly lol
    And towels & linen are so great. Once you get over the loss of "pretty" smelling clothes after they're washed, you'll never go back. And it would be great for baby and kids clothes too.
    It's the only thing I use now.

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012
    Last edited by lovebeingamum!; 22-01-2014 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cereal boxes; I've already got some boxes saved up- can't wait to do this!

http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com...-dividers.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebeingamum! For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing! I very minimalist to the eye but have little stashes of unorganised mail/filing and messy bathroom cabinets, not any more, can't wait to check out these websites!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014),rose2207  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh. My. Goodness.

I am loving the blogs people have linked! How did I not discover these before???

I am another of those weirdos that organise things for fun.

In fact, I'm off to rearrange my pantry right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    Subbing! I very minimalist to the eye but have little stashes of unorganised mail/filing and messy bathroom cabinets, not any more, can't wait to check out these websites!
    Must be in the forum name!! I am exactly the same!!