+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Thanks for joining us.

I definitely need to work on my housework routines and meal planning too. I have a paper planner that I am setting up to help with organisation so hopefully I can implement routines there.

Does anyone else use a paper planner to organise their life? If so, what brand? I am using a Filofax at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing- I need a mental make over. My house is crazy with clutter. I try to organise areas but can't find homes for them... Hopefully you ladies can help me.

I have my cleaning stuff in a carry tray/ bucket I got from wollies last year. It has really helped me clean the bathrooms so much quicker. I just pick it up and it has everything I need

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi I'm a huge organised housewife fan, as well as the stay at home mum on facebook I've always been pretty organized but just recently I've bought these baskets for my linen cupboard https://www.masters.com.au/product/9...c-box-set-of-3 The large one holds old sheets for lounge room picnics and cubby houses. The middle one holds all our swimming gear (bathers, towels, goggles and diving toys). The small one holds flannels.

I've started doing my pantry too using tupperware modular mates and some ideas from TOH.

I have started my school bag nook too and am doing chore charts with an idea from the confessions of a homeschooler.

Re cleaning products, we use enjo so I just have them all on one shelf in the laundry cupboard, method products underneath- laundry liquid, hand wash refills and spares, marble paste and calcium dissolver.

I find it a bit frustrating as we rent I can't do many things on walls so just trying to find alternatives, esp for the school bag nook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bindi welcome.

Your idea of having all of your cleaning items in a carry bucket is a great one. Have you had a look at any organising blogs? They are full of great ideas.

When I first started organising I chose one area, my bathroom cabinet, and took everything out of it and worked out what I wanted and didn't want. I then put all hair items together, all skincare together etc and found some storage tubs to put them in. I gave or threw away anything I no longer wanted or used. I then labelled my baskets so that I could find what I wanted quickly.

Just do one small area at a time so that it doesn't seem overwhelming. I still have a lot of organising to do in my home. We can all encourage and help each other on our journey. I do recommend reading some organising blogs such as I Heart Organizing, The Organised Housewife and A Bowl Full of Lemons.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi headoverfeet .
    Thanks for your wonderful tips. I love reading the organised housewife blog too. She has some great ideas.

Your baskets for the linen cabinet look great and they would add some glamour to the often boring and cluttered linen cupboard. I love storage that is pretty as well as functional.

The school bag nook sounds interesting. Will have to look at some ideas to see what you are doing.
    For hanging things on walls I have always liked command hooks and strips. Not sure if they would be right for your nook though. You might find some good ideas on the apartment therapy blog. They have a secton for renters there that I have found helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So wonderful to see other crazy organisers here

EcoGoddess; have you had a chance to look at I Heart? ...I bet we've lost her to the blog for a couple of days haha!!

Wifey;
    -for bicarbonate washing I used to use a cup of bicarb, into the tray (front loader), but have cut down to half a cup and it's working just as well. Just the pack from the baking section, I usually buy 3 or 4 packs at a time. Nothing beats washing towels and sheets with bicarb- they come out so fresh.
    -I started my lounge/kitchen declutter, minimalism after Xmas. I put all my decorations away, and got EVERYTHING (decorations, pictures, photos) from around the house and plonked it on my pool table. And only special things went back. No "just because" vase or ornament made a come back. And I love it. Everything I look at means something special.
    -can't wait to hear what ideas you have for using special momentos in decor. I have som tough decision with cards and school work, etc coming up. I have way too much stuff in boxes in wardrobes because I can't let go.
    My first step to getting things out of the wardrobe and loving them was to make a quilt from DS1's baby clothes DS2's clothes are all cut and ready to dew once it gets a little cooler; too hot to quilt ATM! And the quilt was my first I made and I was google taught. So happy with the way it turned out!!

Isabella; my youngest starts Prep this year so will def be needing a before and after school routine this year!

Bindi; the caddy for cleaning is an idea I've been wanting to do for ages, but I don't think it would work for me- I don't have a lot of cleaning products, but find what I need changes from clean to clean. I do like the idea of having cloths under the sink to do daily wipe overs.

HeadOverFeet; I also love the idea of school bag nooks, but my first project is a homework caddy! Esp with two at school this year, I want their own little homework stationary boxes so I can grab them out and away they go. Homework gets done at the kitchen bench, so it needs to all get put away. Jen from I Heart covered cut down cereal boxes in contact/wrapping paper for drawer organisers and I'm planning on adapting that theory.
    -I use the Norwex range and love it.

Two other FB pages and blogs I love are The Home She Made (she is a renter HeadOverFeet!!) and Project Happy Life. (Digital Scrapbooking is my other love!!)

Can't wait to hear from everybody again
    Last edited by lovebeingamum!; 21-01-2014 at 21:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebeingamum! For This Useful Post:

Bindi81  (21-01-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey0313 View Post
    Hi headoverfeet .
    Thanks for your wonderful tips. I love reading the organised housewife blog too. She has some great ideas.

Your baskets for the linen cabinet look great and they would add some glamour to the often boring and cluttered linen cupboard. I love storage that is pretty as well as functional.

The school bag nook sounds interesting. Will have to look at some ideas to see what you are doing.
    For hanging things on walls I have always liked command hooks and strips. Not sure if they would be right for your nook though. You might find some good ideas on the apartment therapy blog. They have a section for renters there that I have found helpful.
    Hi Wifey You are right they do add some prettyness to an otherwise boring cupboard, and it is so easy to grab that swimming basket knowing that everything we need is in it. It makes impromptu decisions to go swimming so much easier.

We do use the command strips but they wouldn't be strong enough for school bags, I have bought one these from ikea for bags and their home hats go on the top http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/40174507/ I don't know what their special days are for school activities yet so I haven't done anything with that yet
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingamum! View Post
    HeadOverFeet; I also love the idea of school bag nooks, but my first project is a homework caddy! Esp with two at school this year, I want their own little homework stationary boxes so I can grab them out and away they go. Homework gets done at the kitchen bench, so it needs to all get put away. Jen from I Heart covered cut down cereal boxes in contact/wrapping paper for drawer organisers and I'm planning on adapting that theory.
    -I use the Norwex range and love it.

Two other FB pages and blogs I love are The Home She Made (she is a renter HeadOverFeet!!) and Project Happy Life. (Digital Scrapbooking is my other love!!)

Can't wait to hear from everybody again
    Regarding momentoes I am trying to think of a way I can put up picture frames that I can take down and change often? I have also seen people use clipboards that they have decorated!

A homework caddy is an awesome idea! I will need one of those with 2 doing homework this year and thank you I will check out THSM and the others!!

Here is a picture of the Chore Charts I have made, I need to get some more eye velcro dots and I have just printed off prompt cards for getting ready for school in the morning, I took photos of them in uniforms, their usual breakfast, their toothbrushes and I included a collage photo of the things that they need to put in their bags the idea is that they do a chore and replace it with a ticket than they can trade the ticket for rewards or save them for a new toy. DS1 (6) was right onto it and wanted every chore I offered them to put on their chart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving this thread!!!!! I am OCD but need things to be pretty :-) I have gone to every page & blog mentioned, and Pinterest is getting a hammering!!!!!!

Thanks so much ladies x

A small but helpful one, I have a collection of bobby pins & they tend to be found anywhere in my car, around my house, in DHs car...I have out a row of magnets on the inside of my bathroom cabinet door - perfect place!!

My laundry is my victim this coming weekend 😝

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rose2207 View Post
    Loving this thread!!!!! I am OCD but need things to be pretty :-) I have gone to every page & blog mentioned, and Pinterest is getting a hammering!!!!!!

Thanks so much ladies x

A small but helpful one, I have a collection of bobby pins & they tend to be found anywhere in my car, around my house, in DHs car...I have out a row of magnets on the inside of my bathroom cabinet door - perfect place!!

My laundry is my victim this coming weekend ������
    I do that too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

rose2207  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm super organised well actually OCD and currently unmedicated

My house isn't always ( by my standards immaculate ) but it's always organised. You could ask me where anything is and I could tell you the exact location ( apart from a few random things I've put in a safe spot but forgotten where the safe spot is )

First thing I do when overwhelmed is throw stuff out ie magazines, catalogues, anything out of date or empty, anything broken or damaged. This clears clutter straight away.

I have a 2 step process for paperwork/mail. It comes in, gets read with whatever I don't need in the bin. From there it gets put into a four drawer desktop system thing that's labelled kids, bills, taxable expenses, to be filed. I go thru that every week or two and from there it's all filed into a proper filing cabinet that gets purged every 6 months.

In the kids rooms everything has a place and it's usually labelled for the little kids. I've been really strict and taught them from day one that everything has a set place to go, I rarely tidy up after them anymore and I usually check their rooms as I say goodnight and get them to fix anything that needs to be done mummy's way
    I go thru their clothes/shoes/toys every 3-4 months, it's sorted into chuck, donate, sell.

I love home organisation, I'll be honest I don't understand how peoples houses get so out of hand. An organised house makes life so much easier. Although like I've said I'm OCD so probably best to ignore my craziness lol.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (22-01-2014),KaraB  (28-01-2014),lovebeingamum!  (22-01-2014)