+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Organising for 2014

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of organising my home and time and want to know what everyone else is doing and what products you are using?

Would love to see pictures or even just ideas for all areas of the home.

Thank you all in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey!

For my cleaning products I have them in a cane basket which I carry from room to room!

In my pantry cupboards I have small plastic baskets for spices, sauces etc!

I really need to get in and clean my pantry and re organise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blossom,

Thank you for your tips. I definitely need to organise my pantry too. Love the idea of putting your cleaning products into a basket to take from room to room. Going to find something to put mine in. So much easier to take around.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Would love more ideas or just to chat with anyone else that is doing some organising for the new year.

What are you all doing? Do you plan out a task or just start doing it? Do you have any favourite places to shop for storage items?

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there
    I've recently become addicted to Organising blogs lol
    Sometimes I catch myself siting there reading them and think; "if you were spending this time tidying and organising your house it would probably look like *this* lovely house" lol. It's a problem.
    I love "I Heart Organizing" and "The Organised Housewife"; she is Australian.

I've recently switched everything over to 'natural' cleaners; vinegar, bicarb, etc and love it!! I'd never go back to the millions of different cleaning bottles cluttering up my laundry. It also appeals to my minimalist nature
    I especially love washing my clothes in bicarb; everything comes out feeling so fresh!

I've also been going through things and purging "stuff". And clearing out and giving away all that excess "just in case, one day I might, etc" cr@p that I haven't touched since I unpacked it 3 years ago.
    It feels great

I'm looking forward to school starting so I can get my house back in some order and routine.
    I also have big plans to tidy up my spare room/office.

What have you been up to lately?

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebeingamum! For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-01-2014)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a bit of an organization addict too. Love checking out people's boards on Pinterest for ideas.

Off to check out the I heart organizing blog, have read the other one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eco Goddess For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love reading organising blogs too and I Heart Organizing is one of my favourites. I love how she not only organises her things but makes them look pretty too.

I agree with you that if I spent as much time actually organising as I do reading the blogs, then my house would look as nice as the houses on there. I try to justify it by saying I am getting ideas so I can implement them in our house lol. Now just have to do it.

Pinterest is also a favourite of mine and I have a few boards dedicated to organising and cleaning.

I like the idea of changing all of my chemical based cleaners over to natural cleaning products, especially now that we are ttc. Where did you get your ideas from?

I have started to throw away anything I don't use or want anymore. My bathroom cabinet was the first area that I tackled. It is surprising what you find. My next area I think will be the spare room. I have unfortunately been using it as a storage area.

Do you plan out your projects or just start doing them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey0313 For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... I feel like we're the same person haha! Separated at birth?! lol

With the cleaners I think I stumbled across something on a blog (lol) and then just kept searching and more and more kept coming up. I think I was looking for a shower/glass cleaner- so sick of residue after cleaning!!
    Frugal Faye has the best granite cleaner and her other cleaners are nice and simple.
    Also I think I Heart Org also uses natural cleaners.
    It was a natural progression for me; I have been washing my Hubby's clothes in bicarb for ages- he used to work in caustic red mud and grease and it's amazing how clean it gets clothes.

I've also done the bathroom cabinet, and my laundry cabinet. I love seeing how much stuff gets thrown out and how organised the cupboard are afterwards.
    There's no planning, or photos but I usually have the job in mind for a couple of days and once I'm on top of normal housework I go for it!
    How about you?

How clever is the lady from I Heart? I was looking at her dining room makeover the other day; how she painted the display cabinet that gorgeous blue; so in love. And her front porch make over. Sigh...

Have you ever looked at any Minimalist blogs? Some ppl are pretty full on and extreme, but I really like the idea of only owing what you *need*.
    Not three hundred towels (I donated lots to the RSPCA and DHs rag bag) or kitchen cr@p that never gets used.
    There's def areas of my life I find hard to declutter (craft, kids stuff, and I'm a bit of a memory hoarder too), but there's others that are really easy.

~Zoe

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. So many similarities. So great to talk to someone else who is as crazy about organising as me. There is nothing better than seeing organised spaces in the home. My husband doesn't quite understand the attraction lol.

I will have to look up natural cleaning methods on my favourite blogs too. Do you just sprinkle the bicarb into the wash with the clothes? Will have to give that a go. Would be so much cheaper.

I do my organising the same as you. I think about it and then just do it. Although after pulling everything out, I finally realise I need more storage containers and then have to wait until I get them. I love clearing out the excess though and that is a part of my vision for the year. Simplifying.

I have noticed that Jen from I Heart Organising uses a written plan that I might start using too. I LOVE her cabinet. She is a amazing when it comes to beautiful storage. I think I have almost pinned her entire blog on pinterest lol.

I have looked at a few minimalist blogs and they have some good tips. I like the idea of only having what you need or find beautiful. My kitchen is definitely in need of a clear out too and will be working on that soon.

The areas that I find hard to clear out are photos and memory type things. I am going to find a way to store them or use them in my decor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I love reading organising/housewife type blogs as well. I'm kinda hoping it will rub off on me.
    I have decided though 2014 is the year I am going to trial a schedule for our household: menu plan, time schedule/routine and housework roster. Lets hope I can stick to it.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app