+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My baby starts school on tuesday. We have dresses and leggings and everything. I think I will be the mum crying at the gate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBetweenTheThorns View Post
    Already have 2 in school, but Dd1 starts this year and neither of us can Wait! She needs it and so does mummy lol

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same haha, we need it SO does she!

My DD 5 starts on 3rd of Feb. My younger DD 3 already started back at kinder one day a week and I can't wait until miss 5 starts prep then we can get back into a routine. Maybe their bed times will improve also.

Haven't got anything ready for her yet as still waiting on school bonus which will be tomorrow. The school already has her book pack though so no need to buy pens, books, etc... It all stays with the teachers.

So just shoes, bag, uniforms.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

RoseBetweenTheThorns  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi mums I'm a kindy teacher (in NSW) and getting ready for the onslaught of little ones starting their first year of school! This was me last year getting ready to send DS1 off.

Anyway I thought if any of you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask. I've got 10+ years experience of teaching K-2 so I may be able to help.

All the best

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd started Reception (SA) in term 4 last year. She is so shy and cried pretty much every time I left her.
    Here's hoping for a braver 2014 school year.

I have got her uniforms ready, just need to get her and ds1a new bag and lunchbox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD starts prep next Thursday (qld). She is the baby of the family. I can't quite get my head around what it's going to be like having both kids at school. I'm just going through the motions at the moment! She is pumped and soooo ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS starts reception next Tuesday and I think we're all set. Just need to get the school hat as they still don't have any of the smallest size in stock. DS seems to be taking it in his stride, he enjoyed the 3 transition sessions last year, but is a bit confused as he knows you're meant to be 5 to start school.

I'm very sad about it. He's totally ready and I'm excited about all that he will learn, but he's my baby and I'm going to miss our days together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My eldest starts school this year. She's 5.5 and so ready. I've ordered the school uniform. Hoping to pick them up when she does best start testing. We've got everything except socks. I am so glad I held her back. I am feeling nervous as she doesn't know anyone from the school, but she's quite social now so she will meet new friends easily.

When does everyone's kids start? My daughter starts on 3rd February.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Same - 3 Feb.

It's finally dawned on me though that I don't have a book list. Hmm.

I've got one uniform and will get the rest when we go for the BS interview next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Same - 3 Feb.

It's finally dawned on me though that I don't have a book list. Hmm.

I've got one uniform and will get the rest when we go for the BS interview next week.
    What book list? Do they do text books?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't you need to buy notebooks and pens/pencils and stuff?