+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I too was hoping for a child that would go straight to sleep after her bedtime story. No such luck. Still uses every excuse she can think of to not sleep and then complains she is tired in.the morning.
    But she is loving school. Her teachers seem lovely. Her school works in communities, not classes so she has 3 teachers. Two I have met and spoken with and they seem really nice and welcoming.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All well here. Ds1 was excited to get to his new class and say hello to his new teacher who he knew was going to be his teacher as they had a day in her class at the end of last term. He chose his desk and unpacked his stationary, all the kids were showing each other their stuff. He has a few new faces in his class so he's made a few new friends. He thinks it's quite good that his class is the oldest class out of the 3 classes in that section of the school and says his class have to look after the younger ones. Very sweet! That's just one one of the many things I think is such a positive about the school, the older kids are encouraged to look after the younger ones. I saw it at a few events last year, the older grades being so helpful to the younger ones, there's so much respect between the children throughout the school. It's lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second week nearly done here.
    DS has settled in really well. Says he likes school and he really enjoys playing with the kids he knows from his childcare centre (last year).
    His teacher is really nice.
    I am now helping every Wednesday morning for their literacy groups work. This week I got to help with the writing game on the iPads.

I'm getting to know a couple of mums to. Saying hello to each other and asking how things are. That is making me feel more comfy now to.

Single mum to DS (5y.o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My daughter is going great. She loves school and her teacher. I am so glad I didn't send her last year at age 4.5! She has been going to sleep bang on 7pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All going well here too, only had one morning with tears and not sure what caused it but he has been ok since. His teacher is lovely and I've started to get to know some of the other mums. Ds has started wandering around the school site during lunch, and that has me worried. I'll be talking to his teacher again to see if they can keep more of an eye on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi yas. How's everyone going?
    Half way through the first term now. Man the time is flying! DS is loving school but I have noticed he is more clingy than he was. He tells me most days that he will miss me or he missed me.
    I have to say I look forward to the weekends so I don't have to be up and going at a certain time. The school day seems to go so quick when I've gotta do things or enjoying the day.