+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pain/ache on left side/ovary 9 weeks pregnant

I am just over 9 weeks pregnant and last night & this morning I have had a dull ache/pain on my left side. No sure if its my ovary. They told me I ovulated from my left side so thought maybe it could be.

Ive had 2 scans at 6+4 & 8+2 & everything has been perfect.

They never mentioned anything in my scans about a cyst as the scan said both ovaries appeared normal. Can corpus luteum cysts appear as the pregnancy progreses or are they there from the start?

Its a dull constant ache that is worse when I move. Im trying to only get up at work if I really need to.

Its not excruciating pain just a constant dull ache.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Not sure if I should ring my ob or not. Did anyone else have similar and everything been ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lot of pain on my right side with DD and it turned out to be round ligament pain. So nothing too serious - just my tummy stretching to make way for the new bub.

The other thing that came to my mind was ectopic pregnancy, but they would have picked that up on the scan, and you're a bit far along anyway, so that can be ruled out.

If you're worried about it, I think it never hurts to speak to your ob but mild cramps are incredibly common, so try not to worry too much about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdro View Post
    I had a lot of pain on my right side with DD and it turned out to be round ligament pain. So nothing too serious - just my tummy stretching to make way for the new bub.

The other thing that came to my mind was ectopic pregnancy, but they would have picked that up on the scan, and you're a bit far along anyway, so that can be ruled out.

If you're worried about it, I think it never hurts to speak to your ob but mild cramps are incredibly common, so try not to worry too much about it.
    Thanks cdro! Yeah its def not ectopic ive had 2 scans where baby has been perfect size with a strong heartbeat

Sounds like it could be round ligament pain similar to what u had. Its coming & going now think its easing up a bit. Hopefully its just everything stretching making room for baby! Has anyone else had this and asked their ob about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had some pain on my right side (mainly when I moved suddenly or coughed). They identified a corpus luteum cyst at my 9 week scan. Was not there at my 7 week scan so I think they can develop as the pregnancy progresses.

Still might be worth checking with you ob if you are worried. Hope everything is ok and the pain subsides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuddy1122 View Post
    I had some pain on my right side (mainly when I moved suddenly or coughed). They identified a corpus luteum cyst at my 9 week scan. Was not there at my 7 week scan so I think they can develop as the pregnancy progresses.

Still might be worth checking with you ob if you are worried. Hope everything is ok and the pain subsides.
    Thanks spuddy. Thats really good to know. I was wondering if they could develop as the pregnancy progresses as it wasnt there earlier. It is def worse when I move. When it's at its worst tho its still not a bad pain so I shouldnt worry I guess. Did they say it was anything to worry about or does it go away on its own?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They said it should go away by itself however they are just going to monitor it as the pregnancy progresses.

My ob scared me a bit by saying it could burst which would cause a fair bit of pain, however should not harm the baby. He said to call him if I suddenly started to get an intense pain. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this does not happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuddy1122 View Post
    They said it should go away by itself however they are just going to monitor it as the pregnancy progresses.

My ob scared me a bit by saying it could burst which would cause a fair bit of pain, however should not harm the baby. He said to call him if I suddenly started to get an intense pain. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this does not happen!
    I hope that doesn't happen too! Doesnt sound like they cause too much trouble. we will see if anything shows up at my next scan