+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingamum! View Post
    Subbing;
    Is there ever any leakage?
    I had a look at the photos on the website and it looks rather large!! (Eek)
    How far... up does it go?

Gosh; this is all so personal (blush)

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012
    They can leak if not put in properly or they are too full. You soon get to know how often they need to be emptied though.
    I don't think I have a very heavy flow so can easily get away with emptying once a day.
    I guess when you first start using one, using a liner as well may be a good idea just in case there are leakages.
    As for how far.. I don't really know..lol. you can feel it there so you don't have to put it in too far I guess. There a bunch of different folds you can use to insert too. You really need to discover one that works for you otherwise it's a horrible pain trying to get it in right.

They come in a bunch of different sizes, although if you've had children it's generally recommended you get a large one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing;

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012
    Only leaks if they're not sealed properly. You can either sit them directly under your cervix and run a finger around the top rim to make sure it's created a suction or sit them just inside your vagina. As long as there's suction there won't be leakage. They're not overly big. There's not as much fluids as you think there is either.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had never even heard of this until last year. I'm intrigued but a bit uncertain

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I have a lunette and I don't love it but it's still better than tampons. I get a lot of leaks on my heavy days and have to empty it every hour which is really difficult at work. I do find it messy getting blood all over my hands. I've had it for two years so I know by now I'm doing it correctly, I think my flow is just a bit too heavy...
    I had this same problem, except I had to change it every 30 min I gave up and went back to pads!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just jumped on the MeLuna website and had to giggle at the Wizz director so the modern day woman can pee anywhere, anytime LOL!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Lunette I purchased after reading about them on here!
    It works ok, and saves a heap of money on sanitary products!

I always find it easiest to remove in the shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my Lunette. Although I did have problems with sizing. I ordered the larger size but it was too long so I ordered the smaller size and turn it inside out.
    I prefer the cup to tampons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    I have a Lunette I purchased after reading about them on here!
    It works ok, and saves a heap of money on sanitary products!

I always find it easiest to remove in the shower
    That's the biggest upside^. You will save so much money switching to a cup!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing;

I did have some leaks in the early days and wore a panty liner until I was a more confident user. Once you get the right technique, it shouldn't leak unless it is too full.

The size is nothing to be afraid of. You insert them whilst folded and once they open up internally you can't even feel it.

I find it works best (for me) if I insert about half way up, then tug the stem until its sitting as low as possible, but still fully internal. Then I run a finger around the rim to make sure its opened up properly. It does work its way upwards with movement through out the day, this is normal.

For those worrying about the $$- the sooner you buy, the sooner it starts paying for itself because you stop buying pads and tampons. In my case, it paid for itself in 10-12 cycles (that's with a very light flow- on average I was using a 16pk of tampons and 2-3 pads per AF).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a ladycup and freakin love it! Can't recommend highly enough!

Have never had a leak, no chance of TSS, can wear up to 12 hours at a time, is made of medical grade silicone and at $50 inc postage easily paid for itself within 4 months of cycles not using disposables. I also feel fresher, my flow has decreased (not losing as much water through my body, contrary to how cotton sanitary products affect the body!) and finding I no longer hate getting my period. There are no stained panties, no overflows, I can sleep soundly without worrying about my sheets, wear white pants etc. I feel fresh, clean and hygienic and I trust it.

I thought it was weird at first but thought why not try it - from the very first day using it I'm a true believer!

If you're thinking "maybe" - do it! You won't regret it.