Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Sharlie Congrats Hun

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sharlie and Sleepydude!! Exciting times. This seems to be a lucky thread atm.
    AFM I'm now 14 weeks with my twinnies.
    Good luck to all the girls cycling and for those with bfps hope everything goes smoothly

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (23-06-2014),Sharlie  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleepy ur OB will most likely want to see you between 8-10 weeks so hopefully the wifey is all good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

SleepyDude  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! I've never been pregnant before so feel like a total newb! Reading lots. Amazing that something smaller than a grain of rice can already be carrying out such grand renovations on ones body. Crazy! I'm hoping the symptoms which I really wasn't expecting (like an idiot) are all a good sign for a healthy pregnancy. We are still trying to be cautious until the safe time has passed. I think it will be much harder after the 7 week scan, when things are a lot more real! Even the OB midwife said, "You still have a long way to go, especially as it was a 3 day transfer." Already being judged! Lol!

Trying to do a bunch of research while this insomnia is having its way with me. The audible farting at work is a little harder to embrace. I'll take it, though, lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlie For This Useful Post:

SleepyDude  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and gent

Sorry it's been a while between posts, I was a bit nervous in the lead up to our trip to Perth for TESA. Congrats to those who have had a great month, to others my heart goes out to you.

Unfortunately for us the TESA procedure didn't find any hope. We were booked in for TESE last Friday and were also told it wasn't successful, devastated. I'm not ready to give up hope yet, and am now looking into micro-tese to rule out any chance for us to become biological parents. Does anyone know of somewhere in Perth that does this? Or have any recommendations of someone who does?

We're discussing donor sperm, but only if we have exhausted all other avenues.

I never thought our TTC journey would look this way :/

Me: 32 DP:34
    TTC#1 since June 2013
    Diagnosed Azoospermia Feb 2014
    Waiting to find those swimmers in June 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Society8me View Post
    Hi ladies and gent

Sorry it's been a while between posts, I was a bit nervous in the lead up to our trip to Perth for TESA. Congrats to those who have had a great month, to others my heart goes out to you.

Unfortunately for us the TESA procedure didn't find any hope. We were booked in for TESE last Friday and were also told it wasn't successful, devastated. I'm not ready to give up hope yet, and am now looking into micro-tese to rule out any chance for us to become biological parents. Does anyone know of somewhere in Perth that does this? Or have any recommendations of someone who does?

We're discussing donor sperm, but only if we have exhausted all other avenues.

I never thought our TTC journey would look this way :/

TTC#1 since June 2013
    @bbhope I think you're best to answer this XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dh had his initial fs appt this week just gone. So we both now just have some testing to get through before we get started for real!! Very excited. Have my pelvic scan on mon, dh will probably have his fri. I'll get him to do his final SA while he's up there at the clinic for scans. Then I've just got a tracking cycle (I'll do my hycosi then too) and pending results, we will be ready to get into active planning!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me: I am really sorry to hear that they didn't find anything with TESE. I can relate how you feel. Our micro-surgeon walked out the theater and told me the bad news before they did the EPU. I was in tear waking up and wasn't interested at all knowing how many eggs they got.

I don't remember your story exactly. Is there a known cause for the non-obstructive azoo? All BTs come back clear? Typical case would be elevated FSH. What about inhibin B level? It is a marker to know the success rate for the TESE/mTESE. Since they have done TESE, the FS should have a better idea knowing the diagonsis. Maturation arrest? Sertoli cell only? Each will determine the success rate as well. We went straight to mTESE as it is once and for all surgery. Once the Dr opened DH up, the chance of finding sperms drops to 10% from 50%. He is diagnosed with maturation arrest. The 50% is based on a combination of inhibin B, FSH, testerone etc results, I believe. There is an azoospermia thread if you would like to find out more info. I have gotten valueble information and support from the ladies there. To add, the live birth rate drops another half with retrieval sperms....clearly, we didn't beat the last 50% odd so far.

As for who is doing mTESE in Perth.....when we were looking 1.5 yrs ago, we didn't know any. The best surgeon in the field, Dr. Jequier only does TESE and she won't even do it until we have a donor back up as the chance is literally zero for NOA patient. But thing might have changed now. eg: we didn't know anyone who does intralipid in perth but now there are two. I don't know why I think of Vince Chappel at fertility north...try him?

There are 4 surgeons that I know that do mTESE on top of my head. 2 in Sydney, a new one in Melbourne (trained in Cornell under Dr. Schelgel -- the pioneer of mTESE), 1 in Queensland. This means that if you don't find anyone in Perth, interstate would be your only choice. I somehow remember that you are with Hollywood? Hollywood is partnered with Genae in Sydney so the go to guy would be Dr. Lok. IVFA would be Dr. Golovsky. I don't remember the guy name in Melbourne but you can find out again at the azoo thread. Note: once you have done the TESE, the surgeon will likely want DH to wait out for another 6 months before doing it again. It is an invasive surgery after all. If you want 2nd opinion, you can always forward the Dr out east all the results and do a phone consult.

PM me if you want more info. Hugs.
    Last edited by bbhope; 21-06-2014 at 19:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, you are all such a supportive group of people. BB I will PM you if that's ok. We're still waiting on the results of the biopsy, so we have no idea as to why there were none. I will wait until the Dr calls us back and forward you on the details. While not against using donor sperm, I'm not willing to go down that avenue until we have exhausted all options. Being diagnosed is such an emotionally exhausting experience, it's comforting to find people that understand (as much as I wish no one had to experience it at all). X x

TTC#1 since June 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me: we wont have gone this far if it isnt the ladies on the azoo thread. You will soon realise that you aren't alone. Most have "graduated" ....and only few are still trying, including me. Feel free to PM me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

SleepyDude  (23-06-2014)