Closed Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope thanks hun, currently writing up a list of things to ask & the tests I would like done before another cycle. I did a long down reg HRT FET. I will be calling Monday to make a follow up appt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

I have been quietly stalking this thread, I hope that’s ok (not new to online forums, but new to BubHub). We have been TCC since June 2013 and have recently found out that DH has Azoospermia. We were pretty devastated, still are, but have a new plan in place to help us on our journey. We have recently moved from remote WA to a larger country town and have better access to medical help, however will have to travel to Perth to start our IVF/ICSI journey. We have an appointment with Dr. Turner at Hollywood, I’ve heard he’s pretty good at what he does and am hoping it is true. I am trying not to get too excited about our appointment in June as there is a very real possibility that he won’t be able to find any swimmers, if not DH doesn’t want to do sperm donor….. so end of TCC journey for us. I’m very scared but very optimistic at the same time.

Although we won’t be starting anything until June, I am hoping you won’t mind me lurking around reading posts, the waiting for the appointment is killing me and this helps me feel like I’m “doing something” with the down time. I have already learnt a thing or two just by reading, so for this, I thank you.

In the mean time DH is on Menevit, Q10, Aloe Vera Juice and Goji Berry Juice, and me the normal cocktail of woman’s vitamins etc.

I wish everyone all the best on their journeys, and I hope more than anything else I don’t get to know you that well and you move on with your BFP’s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me I absolutely love Dr Turner. He is very upfront which some people don't like. I like to know what we are up for straight up so I didn't mind his manner

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me

We have Dr Turner too. Our first appt. He was so rude he made me cry my eyes out the whole way home. You get used to it. He is a brilliant doctor and very upfront. If you accept the fact that he will says things that normal people wouldnt he is a 'lovable ****' who is very good at his job. We are glad he is our doctor. We also see Dr M as well. My husband has a very low count. Not azoospermia but low enough. He takes the same as your other half with vitamin E tossed in for good measure lol.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your quick replies Your comments about him don't surprise me, I've heard similar reviews. Seeing as though we will be traveling 2000+kms to see someone I would rather someone be very honest about our chances than cushion the ins and outs, sounds like he's the man for us.

Can I ask what happened during your first appointment? We have an appointment with him day 1 of our visit down, then DH will have TESE on day 2. I just want to be a step ahead to make sure we don't waste the trip down.

Me: 32 DP:34
    TTC#1 since June 2013
    Diagnosed Azoospermia Feb 2014
    Waiting to find those swimmers in June 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me

On our first appt we turned up... dr T told my hubby to take his pants off and shouted 'great testicles'. Told me to get on the bed to do a swap test ( even if you have had tests they always do more...) he shouted 'great cervix' nad had a quick chat. Told us the process and then ordered some more tests. Next you see the nurse and she explains the tests and answers questions. Then you see accounts and they make you sign a financial consent.

Thats it really. You leave with lots of forms to read and fill out and lots of tests to have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me Welcome! Make sure you get your PATS form sorted to bring down with you to help with travel and accommodation costs.

Dr T is my OB and Dr Brett also at HW was my FS. When I go back for more IVF I will be going back to see Dr T. I find him more open to new things and treatments than Dr Bret :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Galea. I read that out to DH and the old locker room talk of "I hope my bits are big enough" came out. Will it matter what stage of my cycle I'll be on? I hope we get the same feedback you received! What a way with words

MrsE organising PATS was the first thing I did. Our GP said she didn't like our chances of it being accepted as a traveling Urologist (spelling?) was coming to town end of July and in their eyes that would be an equivalent service. Much to my delight they accepted our claim and our travel is covered. We are so fortunate to live in the country we do, the further we travel on the fertility path the more grateful I become.

Thank you again everyone on your support and help, really beyond words thank you. I wish I had found this forum last year x x

Me: 32 DP:34
    TTC#1 since June 2013
    Diagnosed Azoospermia Feb 2014
    Waiting to find those swimmers in June 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Society8me no it doesnt matter where in your cycle you are. It all depends on the tests they ask for but mostly they just fit everything in with where you are in your cycle.

Haha bless your dh. Mine was a little shocked haha. Mostly that the rest of the waiting room could hear because the door was left open the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Society8me: I am really sorry to hear about the azoospermia diagnosis. It is the most severe form of male infertility (unfortunately). The worst nightmare. If you search, there is an azoospermia thread that's still relatively active. I have gained so much information and support from the ladies there. It is a whole new world.....Do you know if DH is obstructive or non-obstructive azoo? If non-obstructive, do you know if there is any genetic cause? I recommend not to rush into doing the TESE without knowing further diagnosis as you absolutely don't want to do this procedure twice. eg: NOA genetic cause gives very small chance of finding sperms and can pass onto the child. I know a lady went straight to donor because of it.

A short summary from our journey....DH was diagnosed non-obstructive azoo (NOA) early last year. We finally saw Dr. Jequeir in July and August. She is the best andrologist in Perth but very old school. She is very well known in the world of male infertility -- wrote journal articles and published a book in andrology. She offered us the TESE but gave us zero chance for it and won't do it without a donor back up. At the time, I had read so many articles about azoospermia and through talking to the ladies on the azoospermia thread, I had made up my mind to proceed with micro-TESE. mTESE is one and for all surgery and it has a higher chance of finding sperms. That's one of the reasons we went east and there are only a handful of doctors that do mTESE in the country (good that we don't have to travel to the US). The method is slightly different than TESE. I don't want to do a lengthly post so a good read is from the Cornell urology website. It gives you the chance of finding sperms and the diagnosis of NOazoospermia. I am going to be honest with you. Almost all the ladies on the azoo thread have gone/is going into the donor path. Of course, there is always a tiny hope that one would get lucky. I hope it is the case for you. PM me if you want to know info about azoo. I have been into this journey for 2 long years.
    Last edited by bbhope; 27-04-2014 at 01:20.