+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd tell them to put their big girl pants on a suck it up. It's your pregnancy not theirs.... Tough sh*t!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd find out what you're having. And then tell them it's the opposite gender. And then when baby comes it's a surprise. Oh and also they've bought the wrong stuff. Lol.

No seriously, why are you worrying? You're the one who is pregnant. Really. If you want to shout gender from the roof go for it. If they don't want to know they can pretend they didn't hear you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (20-01-2014),VicPark  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would not tell them but then I would keep referring to the baby as a he/she etc hehe ;-)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They will find out. People at my work did it to me. And it annoyed the s.h.i.t. out of me ! but i was talking about it one day and accidentally said " I can feel HER kicking" ! Haha they got so annoyed at me but they got ovet it. Its ur baby and you dont have to hide anything !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    I have told him that he got his way last time and that it is our way this time but I just can't seem to get him to understand that other people WILL tell him. He thinks he can just not find out by some miracle..
    I would never pressure anyone to find out the sex. As far as I am concerned it is your baby so you and your partners choice whatever you do. I told him after my DS was born that we would be telling people second time around so it is not like I have just sprung it on him either he has known for a while. Bloody old school Dad!
    I should clarify, DH wanted to find out as well so I had to take his feelings into consideration. What tipped me over the edge was the fact that we were so sure it was going to be a girl and DH had started referring to bub as "she" and "her" so I thought it best to find out in case it was a boy...which it was lol!

I'm looking forward to my surprise next time, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by caribbean; 02-02-2014 at 11:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's lovely that they want the excitement of the surprise and want to wait it out. Shows how much they care and are excited about a new grandchild. I would try to honour that if it were me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know, I'd be a little upset if I was the OP.

It is their pregnancy, their baby, their news.

It should be all about them and celebrating their happiness, excitement and new life...

I personally prefer not to find out - when my brother did and told me, I was just so happy for them and very excited. It is (and should be) about the parents to be!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we might finally have this issue sorted....
    My mum apologised and said she wanted to find out and I said "what about Dad". Turns out he still didn't want to know. I cracked it.
    I obviously don't live in the same country as them so I can't share much else with them regarding my pregnancy over Skype so this was one thing that we could share with them. I respected their wishes last time, but DH and I feel that this time it should be our choice to share the news with everyone. The thing that upsets me the most is that they WILL find out and as that will be the case I would like to be the one to tell them, not hearing it from someone else.
    I had my DH call my parents and have a chat to them about how much this was upsetting me. Seems to have done the trick, they said they understand and would rather hear it from us instead of someone else.
    As for my sister, I haven't yet spoken to her again so will see what happens if she mentions it again otherwise we will just have the colored balloons in the next skype call once we find out...once it is out too bad!
    I told my parents that my sister made things so difficult last time I wasn't prepared to put up with her crap this time around.
    Thanks for your replies everyone 😃