+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Grrrr it is our choice

My DH and I have a DS who is almost two and when I was pregnant with him my parents said they didn't want to know the gender. We wanted to find out.....this meant that we had to keep the gender a secret from everybody. It was so annoying last time that we have already told them that this time we are telling them and everyone else.
    I am currently pregnant and my Dad is still going on about not wanting to know. I have told him we are telling him and everyone else. He thinks he can just not be there when I tell my mum and that he won't find out. I would rather have the opportunity to tell him myself than for him to hear it from some other family member or family friend. It is so frustrating, I got upset last night as I feel like he is sucking the joy out of us being able to announce the news....

My sister sent me a text the other day telling me not to tell her the gender either as she doesn't want to know as she wants the surprise. I told her too bad we are telling and the reason why and all her response was, fair enough....

Anyone else been in this same situation that can offer some advice?

I had major drama with my sister last pregnancy as I got pregnant not long after her (our bubs were 3 weeks apart) she stopped speaking to me as I stole her thunder announcing that I was pregnant too a few weeks after we found out...sorry but both of us had been trying for a while...she had been trying for two years and I had been trying for over 18 months...hardly did it on purpose I thought she would have been excited about going through pregnancy together but nope! It needed to be all about her!

I told my mum last night I don't need the drama after last time!

Not sure what to do 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and grandma were both adamant that they didn't want to know bubs sex. So I didnt tell them. that just visited them both to show them my shopping which was a BIG BAG OF BRIGHT PINK BABY CLOTHS. They figured it out pretty quick and got over their annoyance and got into the excitement of having a little baby girl around the place.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterscotch For This Useful Post:

Daisy Duck  (20-01-2014),LoCo  (20-01-2014),Mummy Potato  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also that situation sucks. I've been in the opposite situation whet I wa t one having my thunder stolen. But I really didn't care.

You've got a baby bumo and I've got a baby baby let's rub these ****** Marked tummies together. Right. Now.

That's the way I took it anyway.

Hugs on that though. Wouldn't have been easy feeling like you did something wrong to her by being pregnant.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tell them to suck it up and get over it your choice ....
    I was the opposite I wanted to find out but not tell anyone but that never would have worked so I just wanted until bub was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would say my baby my my choice to tell and if accidentally find out that's just too bad.

Don't worry about upsetting them they obviously care about upsetting you. It your choice not theirs.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-01-2014),NewMrs  (20-01-2014),VicPark  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they don't want to know don't tell them, that doesn't stop you from telling anyone else you want too though, I don't think you should force it on them

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (20-01-2014),HippyGirl85  (21-01-2014),smallpotatoes  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! What a self centred sister. I'd say suck it up! I would be so excited to have children at the same ime as my bro or sister.

My mum was a bit the same not wanting to know, she tried to talk us out of finding out, but not to that extreme! She just kind of joked about it. I find that really strange how much your family makes it about them. I'd just say ok I won't directly tell you but I'm not hiding it either. So you'll be xalling bub he or she etc... How frustrating for you!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they don't want to know, don't tell them. If they find out along the way, they have to suck it up.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-01-2014),babyla  (20-01-2014),Daisy Duck  (20-01-2014),Gracie's Mum  (20-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (20-01-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (20-01-2014),SuperGranny  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    If they don't want to know don't tell them, that doesn't stop you from telling anyone else you want too though, I don't think you should force it on them
    I agree with this. I'm opposite and didn't find out, so everyone was in the surprise boat with me.

If I was in your position theoretically, if they didn't want to know, I wouldn't say, if they did, I would shout it out loud, lol.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with HugsBunny, don't tell them personally, but let them know that you'll be sharing the news with other people, so they may end up finding out through the grapevine.

It's your baby, your choice, and they are being really silly about it.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-01-2014),HugsBunny  (20-01-2014),SuperGranny  (20-01-2014)