+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do a google search for the 4th trimester

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD was like this, I used the hugabub non stop until about 12-13 weeks old. She's 17 weeks now and will happily be rocked to sleep when I can then put her in her cot
    Hang in there!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (20-01-2014),SpecialK  (20-01-2014)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our DD is the same. She is 6 months now and if she is asleep enough i can out her down in the pram to sleep. Still cant put her in the cot during the day though..she wakes as soon as I try. I think she likes being curled up a bit. But i still hold her for most of her day naps now...i like the closeness and bonding time..and it gives me a rest too and times to watch my tv shows cos she stays asleep longer

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was the same...although he turned out to have reflux, so I think this may have had a lot to do with it...he is 5 months now and stopped sleeping in my arms at about 4 months. My biggest regret is listening to the people telling me 'your spoiling him' and making me feel and for him sleeping in my arms during the day as it was the only way he would sleep. My opinion - survival mode!! Do what you have to do to get by. As they grow and get older they will improve. Try settling into cot each day, make them drowsy then put in cot and try get them to sleep there. If it doesn't work and they are just unsettled and crying - let them sleep anyway they will - usually in your arms They are still so little and getting used to life on the outside... I wish I didn't waste so many weeks of my newborn baby stressing and trying to get him to day sleep in his cot because of others opinions and making me feel guilty.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (21-01-2014),SpecialK  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will just add, I think once they are a bit older I would be more persistent in trying techniques to get them to sleep in the cot in the day. But not while so little. And you will find out what works with your little one as time goes on. One day i rocked DS til he was settled in my arms and had heavy eyes then I put him on his side in his cot and rocked him while shushing him. Within a couple of minutes he was asleep. Now we do this for each sleep and he sleeps like a dream in his cot through the day (most days!) I guess you just have to find what's right for your baby. In the meantime, enjoy your baby sleeping in yours arms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to teach both mine to self settle and sleep at about 6mths old, at the same time I put them on a 2 day sleeps routine with a short cat nap in the pram/rocker of an arvo. They were great at night but needed rocking and holding during day sleeps. By 6mths I was totally over it and no longer enjoying the cuddles!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I had to teach both mine to self settle and sleep at about 6mths old, at the same time I put them on a 2 day sleeps routine with a short cat nap in the pram/rocker of an arvo. They were great at night but needed rocking and holding during day sleeps. By 6mths I was totally over it and no longer enjoying the cuddles!!!
    Kindly share how you did this miss muffet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be interested to know how you did it too Little Miss Muffet.
    I have an almost 6 month old who will only sleep in my arms during the day and I'm getting a bit over it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (22-01-2014)