+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When did yours grow out of it?

My 11w old DD will only sleep during the day if she is being held/carried.
    I have no issue with this as she needs to have daytime sleeps.
    DH is concerned she will become 'used to it' and will never sleep any other way.
    I disagree and believe she will grow out of it when she is good and ready.
    She puts herself to sleep at night no issues it's just a daytime thing.
    Anyone have the same thing with their LO's and did they grow out of it or did you have to do it forever as they got used to it?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    both kids outgrew it by 6mths when they went to 2 solid sleeps a day. till then they slept in the carrier, pram or car capsule. I would often park the pram in the lounge if necessary and move it as I did chores. it was fairly easy to resettle my kids this way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    both kids outgrew it by 6mths when they went to 2 solid sleeps a day. till then they slept in the carrier, pram or car capsule. I would often park the pram in the lounge if necessary and move it as I did chores. it was fairly easy to resettle my kids this way.
    Unfortunately we live in a very narrow three story terrace so the pram is not an option but she actually won't sleep that anyway if I'm out and about. It's the carrier or nothing. We even have a electric swing for her and that doesn't cut the mustard. I think she needs the closeness.
    Makes it a bit hard to do all the chores but you've gotta do what you've gotta do right?
    It's not like I'm gonna let her cry herself to sleep in her basinet so I can clean the house.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

angelini  (21-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i agree with you. honestly I've been there... and this time does end. You might need to make a priority list up of what HAS to be done vs what is OPTIONAL. Farm out some stuff to partners, family etc. I found groceries hard with a carrier as i couldn't bend down to empty the trolley or pop things in easily. so I did online shopping more or send DH.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubbles - I hear you. My DD started out sleeping great in the day but that disappeared and now she will only nap on me. I'm now slowly trying to get her back in her cot, with limited success, but her late afternoon nap is usually still on me. I'd rather she sleep than be grumpy. She's 19 weeks today.

Bubbles, we are repeating comments from your previous thread, but seriously, stuff the cooking and cleaning, you have a newborn. Either someone else helps you or it doesn't get done, and that's fine! That's what takeaway's for.

The new pic of DD on your avatar is lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post

Bubbles, we are repeating comments from your previous thread, but seriously, stuff the cooking and cleaning, you have a newborn. Either someone else helps you or it doesn't get done, and that's fine! That's what takeaway's for.
    If only it were that easy

But I am honestly keen to see if it's something she will out grow, or if I'll be slinging her around forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course she'll outgrow it! She won't want you holding her forever. But it's a matter of when, that's all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Piyamj For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-01-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I carried my last 2 newborns almost all the time..they do grow out of it I promise!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd3 is like this well so was dd2 they grow up so fast so even tho there is times I would love to be doing stuff while dd3 is napping on me I just remind myself to enjoy it while it last everything else can wait
    Dd2 is 5 has doesn't nap on me anymore so they do grow out of it lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    Of course she'll outgrow it! She won't want you holding her forever. But it's a matter of when, that's all.
    Well I didn't actually think I'd still be carrying her for a sleep at 18yrs but I am wondering if there is a general age that they no longer need it.