+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 3 friends go to manly and rave about it..same as Mater. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.
    One went private at manly with her first, the public with her 2nd. Said she'd def go back if she had 3rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I am in Canberra and am booked in to Calvary John James Private hospital. I have heard lots of good reports from others about this hospital. Really i chose it as its the only private hospital that i am aware of in Canberra and my obgyn who is fantastic has a contract there.

In terms of Melbourne, my SIL has had her two babies at Freemasons Private and had a great experience. She got to use their MediHotel which i think is based on a floor of the hyatt. We visited her there after she was transferred from the ward and apparently its really comfortable and nurses visit your room.

My best friend had her two babies at Jessie Mac within Monash Clayton and also had a great experience too.

Hope this helps.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen2010 View Post
    Had both of mine at RPAH Syd in labour ward as a public patient.
    Could not fault them.
    DD had SUA (missing an artery in umbilical cord) so I had scans fortnightly from 18 weeks with minimal waiting.
    Everyone's experience is so different. I laboured long and midwife wouldn't let me get out of the shower
    Labour ward was great for me too. If I went back to RPA I'd go through them for sure.

The BC experience however was very different to what they say they promote, especially given I had a very standard (albeit long) labour with no complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Brisbane & booked into the Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital. I've been up there a lot in the past (I used to work with teen mums & they all birthed there) & I thought it seemed good then & I've heard lots of good things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live near Ferntree Gully in Victoria and having my baby at William Angliss. So far I havent had any problems as far as antental visits, I am yet to give birth there however. My other children were born at Monash medial centre (twice) and Casey hospital. I honestly have no complaints about either hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my daughter at healesville hospital & my son at casey hospital
    Both were fine no complaints

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my DD at the Mercy in Heidelberg and despite the long antenatal appointment waits I found the midwives to be wonderful, and they really looked after me.
    I had DS at the Angliss in Ferntree Gully and would never ever go back. I had my son at home with the assistance of ambulances officers because they insisted I go home as they said I wasn't in established labour - despite the fact I was 4cm, my waters had broken 8 hours earlier, I was contracting every 10 minutes, and had a fast birth with my first born (4 hours from whoa to go). Then when I was transferred back to the hospital to stay overnight, not ONCE did a midwife come to check my obs or bleeding. I was left alone for over 12 hours. I rang for a midwife in the morning to check my bleeding because I was concerned, and she very flippantly asked me to put my pad in the bin and she'd come back and check...she never did. I even had to request a bath for my DS because over 24 hours after he was born he still hadn't had a bath. If I was a first time mum I would have felt so scared and lonely and overwhelmed. I also had two friends have babies there after me, and they both had very similar stories to mine in regards to the after birth care.
    i am now having my third at Box Hill. They have almost completed the new birth suites (all of which have a birthing pool) so I am looking forward to trying that. Hopefully I will have another good experience like at the Mercy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has anyone got any experience with Ballarat Heath Services and the maternity unit there? I've only heard bad things, like, they kick you out the same day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Melbourne and my OB delivers mainly at St Vincent's Private or Epworth Freemasons. At the moment I'm undecided which one I'll go to but I've got a bit of time to work it out as I'm only 4-5 weeks!