+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which hospital? What's your location and opinion on hospitals.

Hi ladies,

I just thought it would be interesting to see who lives where and what hospital you plan on going to?

If you've already given birth before you could share your opinion of the hospital, or how you have found the hospital service to date.

i know some hospitals have catchment areas, does anyone know what the catchment is for Melbournes Royal Womens? We are planning on moving soon and I was wondering if Pascoe Vale South is accepted at the RWH? Or does anyone know which hospital is zoned for Pascoe Vale South?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure about zoning because I went private last time and this time. I went through Frances Perry House which is the private part of the Royal Women's. I was very happy hence returning again. I chose my OB rather than a hospital, Frances Perry is where he practices.
    In regards to the Royal Women's, I know a few people who've been there and have been extremely happy!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Melzzy  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would never recommend the RWH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Adelaide here and I've heard a lot of positive feedback from the hospitals (birth centers) I went to public at women's and children's and I was 100% happy, going again now, you can ring anytime if you have concerns and they tell you to go in to ease your mind. I'm very happy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody been to the Mater in Sydney? I can't decide whether to go there or private in a public hospital ( manly) ? Same OB just different hospitals. help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i lived closer to the royal womens hospital in Brisbane i probably would of went there. I ended up going to Redcliffe hospital and my experience was pretty good Im going to be there again when my little bean decides she wants to make an appearance.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had DD at RBWH via csection. I can't fault them on anything. They were great. I was lucky to be in a room on my own for the 4 days too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 was born at the RBWH. Pregnancy care was pretty good but after the birth was the worst experience of my life and contributed to my severe PND.

Dd2 was born in Proserpine Hospital- a very small rural hospital and they were amazing, can not fault them at all.

Dd3 was born at the Mackay Birth Centre (she was actually delivered in the main hospital as there was mecconium in the fluid but on all the official forms it said she was born in the birth centre). Another amazing experience.

This time I'm going through the Birth Centre in Townsville. So far it's been brilliant.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's great to hear so many positive experiences with hospitals

Thanks
    Reviews
    St Vincent's Private Melbourne - fabulous. Have had 2 boys there and will be back for scheduled Caesar in March.

Good luck!