+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our 3 dd's look very similar in some ways. But dd1 looks like dh, dd2 is the spitting image of me and dd3 is a definite mix of the 2. Dd1 and dd2 looked identical as babies except dd1 is a lot chunkier than dd2 (always has been). Dd2 is very petite and again dd3 is in between lol. Looking at the 3 of them though there is no mistaking they are sisters.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apart from having blue eyes, both DDs are completely different. Even the blue is different - DD1 has pale blue and DD2 has deep blue eyes. DS looked exactly like DS1 when he was born - the newborn photos are interchangeable. However he has developed brown eyes and his own look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are completely different ds1 has my colouring olive skin, brown eyes and thick dark brown hair. Ds2 is his dads mini me having fairer skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. I'm due for ds3 in 9 1/2 weeks I'm very interested to see what he looks like. I was imagining ds2 would be a mini ds1 but so wasn't.
    They do have the same nose though. That's about it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have three ds's. ds1 and ds3 look similar, ds2 looks totally different. We joke that he's he milkmans... Wondering what dd due in may will look like too!

My mum used to regularly get asked if me and my siblings had different fathers as I'm dark brunette, my sister is blonde and my brother is red... All the same dad but totally different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Completely different. One of my boys has brown hair, almost black eyes and olive skin. The other has red hair, brown eyes and fairish skin. They don't look alike at all, never have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a DS and a DD. They are very alike in looks. No doubting they are siblings at all. They only differ in that DS has a long face like me but DD has a round face like DH.

My friend has 3 DSs. They are like peas in a pod. Their only real difference is that the middle boy has brown eyes whereas the others have blue. Otherwise they are ridiculously alike.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DDs don't look anything alike most of the time. Sometimes DD2 will pull a face and you can see the resemblance DD1 is the spitting image of her father, DD2 looks a lot more like me (darker complexion, darker hair, and her nose is like mine ). Looking at pics though you can tell they are sisters (it's a bit difficult to explain lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have one DS, but I have 3 brothers. One has pale skin, freckles and strawberry blonde hair, one has ash blonde hair and olive skin, the third has clear pale skin and jet black hair. Only one of them looks like me all the same parents.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls are quite different- my first really takes after my husbands side, the other is more like my family. My DS was very much like my eldest daughter when he was born- it was like I had a boy and girl version of the same baby. But he 'a 2 now and I think he's starting to look more like me.
    I have a friend who was one of 3 girls- she had brown eyes and dark, curly hair, one of her sisters was a blue-eyed blonde and the other had green eyes and red hair. You wouldn't have believed they were sisters. And they all had the same father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Given that any couple can have 70 trillion different possible children, based just on the number of chromosomes, my bet is that it's more common for two siblings to look different than similar