+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1

    Default How to tell if baby is breech

    By touch? Im 34 weeks and every time i feel my tummy it is hard up the top near my stomach. Cant tell if its her butt or her head. Im concerned as ds was undiagnosed breech which resulted in csection so i am trying for a vbac this time around and will be devastated if she was breech Hopefully if she is atm she will turn..

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,213
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked
    3,456
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My baby is head down and my tummy is harder at the top (bottom and legs plus torso on side). I don't know if I'd be able to distinguish all of this though if I didn't already know his position.

    Why has nobody told you the position? Do you have a dr appt coming up?

    ETA: also all his movement is mostly up top, his little legs constantly kicking.

  3. #3
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    there is a great belly mapping website here http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    Bubbles10  (20-01-2014)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My baby is head down and my tummy is harder at the top (bottom and legs plus torso on side). I don't know if I'd be able to distinguish all of this though if I didn't already know his position.

    Why has nobody told you the position? Do you have a dr appt coming up?

    ETA: also all his movement is mostly up top, his little legs constantly kicking.
    I do have a dr appt coming up. I had one a few weeks ago and she was head down but im somewhat skeptical as i was told my son was head down every time i went for an appointment, one being the day before he arrived. So i dont know how that happened

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,213
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked
    3,456
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I do have a dr appt coming up. I had one a few weeks ago and she was head down but im somewhat skeptical as i was told my son was head down every time i went for an appointment, one being the day before he arrived. So i dont know how that happened

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Will they do a growth/fetal well being scan? I guess that would be the only way to completely put your mind at ease that they're not mistaken.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tas
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    177
    Reviews
    0
    My 3mth old DS was breech from 26 weeks to 36.5 weeks at which point my OB manually turned him, so I got to feel the differences noticeably.
    While breech you could see and feel his head as it was much harder and bigger than his bottom when turned. My daughters would talk to him right at the level of his head and if they were loud he would turn his head and try to move away. It was very visible, and he reacted to music as well.

    There are quite a few things that were very noticeable that I'll come back and quickly explain, but I have bub on my lap at the moment

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanks
    3,580
    Thanked
    838
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    By touch? Im 34 weeks and every time i feel my tummy it is hard up the top near my stomach. Cant tell if its her butt or her head. Im concerned as ds was undiagnosed breech which resulted in csection so i am trying for a vbac this time around and will be devastated if she was breech Hopefully if she is atm she will turn..

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This has some info and support if baby is breech. There are stories from women who have birthed their breech babies vaginally, even breech vbac stories.

    http://www.breechbirth.net/


 

Similar Threads

  1. Is baby breech?
    By chickenandegg in forum Second Trimester Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 05:59
  2. ECV or Cesarean for a Breech Baby?
    By babygirlonboard in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-10-2013, 10:53
  3. Breech baby
    By Meld85 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-07-2013, 19:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!