+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to tell if baby is breech

By touch? Im 34 weeks and every time i feel my tummy it is hard up the top near my stomach. Cant tell if its her butt or her head. Im concerned as ds was undiagnosed breech which resulted in csection so i am trying for a vbac this time around and will be devastated if she was breech Hopefully if she is atm she will turn..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My baby is head down and my tummy is harder at the top (bottom and legs plus torso on side). I don't know if I'd be able to distinguish all of this though if I didn't already know his position.

Why has nobody told you the position? Do you have a dr appt coming up?

ETA: also all his movement is mostly up top, his little legs constantly kicking.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    there is a great belly mapping website here http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My baby is head down and my tummy is harder at the top (bottom and legs plus torso on side). I don't know if I'd be able to distinguish all of this though if I didn't already know his position.

Why has nobody told you the position? Do you have a dr appt coming up?

ETA: also all his movement is mostly up top, his little legs constantly kicking.
    I do have a dr appt coming up. I had one a few weeks ago and she was head down but im somewhat skeptical as i was told my son was head down every time i went for an appointment, one being the day before he arrived. So i dont know how that happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I do have a dr appt coming up. I had one a few weeks ago and she was head down but im somewhat skeptical as i was told my son was head down every time i went for an appointment, one being the day before he arrived. So i dont know how that happened

Will they do a growth/fetal well being scan? I guess that would be the only way to completely put your mind at ease that they're not mistaken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3mth old DS was breech from 26 weeks to 36.5 weeks at which point my OB manually turned him, so I got to feel the differences noticeably.
    While breech you could see and feel his head as it was much harder and bigger than his bottom when turned. My daughters would talk to him right at the level of his head and if they were loud he would turn his head and try to move away. It was very visible, and he reacted to music as well.

There are quite a few things that were very noticeable that I'll come back and quickly explain, but I have bub on my lap at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    By touch? Im 34 weeks and every time i feel my tummy it is hard up the top near my stomach. Cant tell if its her butt or her head. Im concerned as ds was undiagnosed breech which resulted in csection so i am trying for a vbac this time around and will be devastated if she was breech Hopefully if she is atm she will turn..

This has some info and support if baby is breech. There are stories from women who have birthed their breech babies vaginally, even breech vbac stories.

http://www.breechbirth.net/