+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Please be careful making claims like that. Zoloft doesn't suit everyone but it works very well for many people that need it, while others experience side effects that cause them to change to different meds (myself included). It is among the best tolerated and least-side effects of current antidepressants. I'm sorry that it didn't work for you or your family but statements like that ^^^ Can put people of taking medication that they need.
    I was debating on saying something along these lines, Gothel said it much better though! I am on paxtine, I don't know if it is like zoloft or not and I don't want to know, it works for me and to look into it too much would only trigger my anxiety. My Dad has been taking zoloft for quite a few years now though and it works very well for him.
    If I was on zoloft (or knew that I was on something similar) comments like that would trigger my anxiety badly and it could mean that I stop taking my meds abruptly. It is fears like these that made me take too long to start them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry that's just what my doctor told me so blame him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok I was just speaking from personal experience with the drug Zoloft me and my father have used it it changed our personalities immensely after 6 months I had to come off it my grades had dropped at school and I was acting out once I came off it I was fine but I was also a minor on it. My doctor back then told me it was banned in some countries I see now with what you have said that that could be just for children. Thanks for correcting me but there was no reason to be so rude about it. I am using Effexor for pnd now and it seems to work well at least my anxiety is almost gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCjxo View Post
    Ok I was just speaking from personal experience with the drug Zoloft me and my father have used it it changed our personalities immensely after 6 months I had to come off it my grades had dropped at school and I was acting out once I came off it I was fine but I was also a minor on it. My doctor back then told me it was banned in some countries I see now with what you have said that that could be just for children. Thanks for correcting me but there was no reason to be so rude about it. I am using Effexor for pnd now and it seems to work well at least my anxiety is almost gone.

No one was being rude at all, they were just correcting you and being polite about it too and just asking you not to throw around claims that could damage other people who are currently trialing it. If anything your just being over defensive for no reason

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-02-2014),Mopoke  (25-02-2014),Nikita333  (25-02-2014),Purple Lily  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs op. I have no personal experience or advise on the drug, however I am wondering if there is an underlying issue and if the dr knows all the info.
    Does your partner have body image issues? sorry some of the things you mentioned just struck a cord with my previous body image issues.
    Does the dr know about his previous gym obsession and he won't eat in public now? Does he also know about the steroid use? The previous use could be creating symptoms and combined with depression could be seen as something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently on it, and this is one of the major side effects I dislike. I just don't care about anything. This has actually made it easier to work, get house work done, get DD to/from appointments but is REALLY hinders my relationships.

I have a pretty tongue cheek attitude as it is, so this combined with Zoloft has turned my once 'cheeky' comments into '*****y' comments (I guess due to the lack of expression& dry tone) it's got me into a fair bit of trouble lately.

Thankfully DH is really good at pulling me up and I trust him to point me in the right direction.

I can't come off it for a while (if ever) so it's almost like learning social cues again.

Not really relevant to your question I know, just thought id add a little insight to the effects of the drug (on me anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was prescribed Zoloft for depression and I was definitely like your partner! Although I wouldn't describe it as not giving a rats about anything because I did, I just couldn't express any emotions.
    I was pretty emotional when I came off of it but I'd say I was back to "normal" within a month.

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, the cat killed curiosity...

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCjxo View Post
    Sorry if my post upset you but I wasn't having a go at you, I was just disagreeing and I meant no offense at all. It's rotten that you had a horrible experience on it but that doesn't mean it's a horrible drug. And I think given what has been mentioned here, it should not have been prescribed to you as a minor. I just think it's tremendously important to not scare-monger about a drug that is so vital to the mental health of so many. I'm really glad you found a medication that suited you and I hope it continues to work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Sorry if my post upset you but I wasn't having a go at you, I was just disagreeing and I meant no offense at all. It's rotten that you had a horrible experience on it but that doesn't mean it's a horrible drug. And I think given what has been mentioned here, it should not have been prescribed to you as a minor. I just think it's tremendously important to not scare-monger about a drug that is so vital to the mental health of so many. I'm really glad you found a medication that suited you and I hope it continues to work for you.
    Thanks and sorry if I came across nasty or rude too. Everyone's experience is different and sometimes you need to try a number of different things before you find the one that works for you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor knew about the steroid use but I don't think he quite got the extent of his gym obsession or knew how bad it got with eating in public etc. He is constantly asking me if I find him attractive lately and looking in the mirror from all angles saying how do I look, I've gotten so fat. Our two year old DD now spins in the mirror and says how do I look mumma.
    He has started cutting his Zoloft in half and hasn't been to the doctor either, just decided he would do it himself as our doctor is away for another week and he didn't want to wait. It's like he realised what I was saying about it changing him and didn't want to wait any longer even though I asked him to wait till we saw the doctor first and came off it under his guidance. He is so stubborn. His personality has started to come back through, he's been doing it for 2 weeks now and he is starting to show more emotion but still distant so I have hope yet. His blood pressure which was his part of initial reasoning for anxiety has dropped to normal range when we check at home so he's much more relaxed about that which I think is having an effect on the rest of his attitude.