+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am enjoying watching it. Sure it's not reality but I think the contestants would have tried so many weight loss regimes in the past and nothing has worked so this is drastic measures to get them kick started. I do agree though that elimination after one week is too soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A contestant said on last nights show: "We've got 1000 calories a day that's 3 days food he ate in 10 minutes."

It's not about being hungry, it's about how many calories your body need to run properly and 1000 isn't near enough for these people. Honestly though this show isn't about being healthy it's about entertainment. If it were about being healthy it'd be a very different show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Whilst I do agree it is entertainment, they do learn how to live a more healthy lifestyle. Many have never exercised before and have no idea about nutrition. One thing they got right this time around is not eliminating contestants, but sending them with Michelle to continue their journey on the outside. They will probably be the most successful since they have to deal with temptation every day in the real world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 1000 cals for the women and 1200 for the guys. I haven't really enjoyed this season very much. I've been watching MKR instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Does anyone else find this season really disjointed and inconsistent? I don't know why they didn't wait until after the Olympics had finished before starting. Plus thanks to the ad breaks I know the blue team lose the weigh in and Mary and Kev are up for elimination. It's almost like they're not even trying anymore. This double elimination thing was rubbish. I just hope it gets more interesting with Michelle's team on the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Does anyone else find this season really disjointed and inconsistent? I don't know why they didn't wait until after the Olympics had finished before starting. Plus thanks to the ad breaks I know the blue team lose the weigh in and Mary and Kev are up for elimination. It's almost like they're not even trying anymore. This double elimination thing was rubbish. I just hope it gets more interesting with Michelle's team on the outside.
    Yes I've missed heaps because I didn't think it was on and it was

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just given up on it, just can't seem to get into it this season.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can someone weighing 100 plus kilos lose less than a few kilos a week on a 1000/1200 calorie a day diet plus exercise. This season is bizarre - half the contestants don't want to be there, and the weight lost is poor. 5/6 weeks in and most have lost 10-15 kilos max.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    1-2kg a week weight loss is optimal for keeping weight off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    1-2kg a week weight loss is optimal for keeping weight off.
    Whilst this is true, I read an article from a former contestant saying that one 'week' between weigh ins isn't a real week. In their time it is almost 3 weeks (shortest period was 10 days) so this is why they usually pull such big numbers and why the trainers are disappointed when a contestant loses little amounts.