+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quietlyhopeful View Post
    Mine is behind the passenger seat, but now I think about it it probably is better behind the driver's seat. I THINK my maternal instincts would have me swerving the car to save my baby, but why not protect yourself an baby at the same time - which you would be doing if you were both on the same side of the car.
    You'd think that but you have to remember it's in a split second and basic human instinct comes in to play and it's natural to turn away from danger.
    But yes your right, might as well have both furtherest away from danger

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard isn't it. We r due to have our second Bub in a few months and I was just thinking about the seat/capsule placement issue.

My 2 1/2 yr old is currently behind the passenger seat. I was going to put him behind the drivers seat & the capsule behind the passenger seat for easy access as we have a small car.

Now I'm just totally unsure :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluekrushbabe View Post
    It's so hard isn't it. We r due to have our second Bub in a few months and I was just thinking about the seat/capsule placement issue.

My 2 1/2 yr old is currently behind the passenger seat. I was going to put him behind the drivers seat & the capsule behind the passenger seat for easy access as we have a small car.

Now I'm just totally unsure :-(
    We put dd1 behind the driver as her her seat isn't as protective as dd2's (6m-8yr seat compared to a RFing seat), so we felt she needed more security.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I prefer the baby behind the passenger seat and the toddler behind the driver. That way the toddler can climb through from the kerb while I strap the baby in. I think you need to factor in the type of driving you do. I do country driving. Most accidents on my road are head on collisions. If I saw a car coming towards me I would pull to the left off the road, if there was an impact it would be on the drivers side. Since I have 2 kids though I refuse to think about what positions are safest as it would mean I'm prioritising ones safety over another.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (20-07-2014),mkj  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I prefer the baby behind the passenger seat and the toddler behind the driver. That way the toddler can climb through from the kerb while I strap the baby in. I think you need to factor in the type of driving you do. I do country driving. Most accidents on my road are head on collisions. If I saw a car coming towards me I would pull to the left off the road, if there was an impact it would be on the drivers side. Since I have 2 kids though I refuse to think about what positions are safest as it would mean I'm prioritising ones safety over another.
    This in every way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our lil man is rf on passenger side in our triton ute only spot it would fit. In our Camry hybrid he's in the middle. This was my choice as I wanted the seat free next to him for roadside nappy changes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rf on passenger side. I was always told that's where they should go. Ive only ever been involved in accidents where drivers side was hit so I'm more comfortable with bub being passenger side.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always had the knowledge that it was the most dangerous spot in the car since I was a little girl, maybe because my aunt was a nurse. No way would I have bub in that spot, middle or behind driver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it depends where you live too. I'm in inner city and no way I would put my baby behind driver seat - it would just defeat the purpose as it would be more dangerous to have baby get in the car from the road.

And my friends you were in a car accident last both got impacted on the driver side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your car seat is installed properly and your child is restrained correctly then trust that the seat will do its job. They're designed and tested from every angle.
    Wherever the seat fits best and your kids are safest getting out is what you should focus on.

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (20-07-2014)