+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was pretty relaxed with DS, I didn't let things get to me or stress. Mummy guilt was and has always been non existent.
    I am even more laid back with DD and more confident to speak my mind and ask for help when I need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I think Its a constant learning curve because every baby is different and or challening in different ways. I should add that I am more relaxed with my second baby but he is much easier than my first was. I feel like Im still a learner because he has his own challenges and is a completely different baby.
    This! Though my second is so much more difficult than my first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes i'm much more confident this time round but the second child misses out on so much one-on-one time and has to entertain themselves a lot more. Also being relaxed isn't necessarily always a good thing - DD probably eats more junk food than she should for example.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I'm as much a better mum as a more comfortable and confident mum (so maybe better).
    I knew how I was going to approach most of the everyday issues second time around, like if I would co-sleep and how I would know when to start solids. Having said that DS2 is such a different kid, so he's given me issues that never came up with DS1.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I don't think I'm as much a better mum as a more comfortable and confident mum (so maybe better).
    I knew how I was going to approach most of the everyday issues second time around, like if I would co-sleep and how I would know when to start solids. Having said that DS2 is such a different kid, so he's given me issues that never came up with DS1.
    Yep, I feel similarly. But I sometimes feel I was a 'better' mum with DS1 because I had all my time to devote to him and now I have to split my time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think I definitely am a better parent. We learn so much every day being a parent and with each child as well, and we usually learn from our mistakes. I know I have.

My second was my challenging baby/toddler. Number 1 & 3 were a breeze, but I do hear that I'm in for some terrible teenage years since they were such good babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I think this will be me second time round. A bit more prepared and aware on some issues but totally expecting bub2 will throw a spanner in the works..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have more patience and aren't as stressed which I guess over all gives me a better outlook in to being a parent. baby number 2 has hit milestones earlier and is way more relaxed then baby number 1 and I think it's because I just leave her to do what she needs to do instead of hovering and holding all the time.

ME + DH = DS(2010) and DD(2013)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (18-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not in our case. The sole reason is the temperament of our kids. I would rate DS as a 1 out of 10 on the challenging scale as a baby, toddler and now child. He's certainly not perfect but he is incredibly easy to have around. DD on the other hand scores a 9 out of 10 as a baby, 8 out of 10 as a toddler and 7 out of 10 as a child. I developed pnd when she was 3 months old and have never really felt my complete self since. DH and I slept walked through her first years. So as parents I feel like DS didn't teach us much but DD has more than made up for it.

That said she has the most awesome, quirky personality. She's the high of the highs and the low of the lows around here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Overall I felt a lot calmer and better in myself, more able to handle things, though I've not really made any dramatically different choices between our kids. My second though is a very different little person to my first, so there's still been a lot of learning - mainly learning patience.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app