+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Free activities

This week I was out everyday in an attempt to escape the heat (no cooling at ours). I went to mothers group and the library a couple of times. I discovered that I really enjoyed going out everyday and also being able to come home so DD could nap in her cot (although this is not a prerequisite).

I'm looking for free or very cheap (I'm talking a couple of dollars cheap) activities to do during the day. A few ladies from mothers group do gymbaroo or other organised activities like that, but we really can't afford it.

Apart from the library, what can I do? My daughter is 9 months old. My mothers group are my only mum friends. None of my other friends have kids and hence work full time, so seeing friends is not really an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Local swimming pool - not lessons but just taking bub for a swim yourself?

Any local churches have a playgroup?

Any indoor playcentres near you the might have cheap times for play during the week on slower days or discount coupons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some libraries offer baby music groups where they sing nursery rhymes etc.

Swimming at the local pool.

Pcyc often run super cheap babies/kids classes too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maccas for free wifi and a snack/cuppa watching other kids in playground until bubs is old enough to play

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of play centres seem to be free for kids under 1. My daughter loved crawling around them at that age, and if she's not mobile she might like to watch other kids.

Op shopping - most have toys & kids' clothes nearby, so she can play while you hunt through things.

Playgrounds - my daughter loved playground from when she started pulling herself up to stand. This time of year though UV could be an issue.

Where abouts do you live (roughly)? Might help others with suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out your local council website, ours does a mobile play van that goes to different places each day with free craft and activities. Find a cafe with a kids play area, grab a coffee for you and let your DD play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in melbourne's outer eastern suburbs.
    I might check out pcyc and I love the op shopping idea. I have a great one near me actually. Im going to look at the council website now too. Thanks for the great ideas it's hard when you don't have the money to spend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look up littlemelbourne too, they often have free activities that are happening each week. Otherwise, a train ride is always fun, some gymnastic centres have really cheap play time for toddlers. Walks to local parks. Check with your maternal health centre, they often have ideas or events happening around your area. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You could check out the website meetups. Lots of oeople in different type of social groups wanting to meet up, I am sure you will find some mums to meet up with..