+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I'm a SM too and I definitely find working part-time the better option for various reasons - I think working full-time only really works if one has complete passion for their job AND don't feel it impacts their mum-child relationship too much. I was single parent from the start too and I found the biggest factors against working FT for me were:
    1. Financially not really better off
    2. DS spending so much time at c/care - long days
    3. Getting out of the house every morning - I felt like I was already buggered by the time I got to work!
    4. Unsatisfying/stressful job.

PT is so much better, and I can pick up DS at a reasonable time 3.30-4. I'm not stressed, I have time to do other things in the side (run small business from home and other). But best of all, am there for DS. I think 3 days is ideal and 4 days when they're a bit bigger or when school starts (4-5 days).
    great advice thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Follow your heart. Spend as much time with ur LO as possible.if u feel u want to. They will only be little for so long..then u can go back fulltime when they are at school.and cost more money anyways

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mrs Howard! I'm definitely going to pursue part time work. Thanks for the pep talk ladies

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's difficult to decide. You do one and you lose out in another. If I work part time- I wouldn't have any left over money for holidays or luxuries but lots of additional time with DS at the young age. If I work full time- possible holidays/luxuries and possibility of climbing the ladder in a hope that I can earn more $$$ per hour, and working less hours.

In the end- full time was more beneficial and I am happy to say that we are now reaping the rewards. We go on holidays fairly regulary, he does dancing and we do special things on weekends and such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    It's difficult to decide. You do one and you lose out in another. If I work part time- I wouldn't have any left over money for holidays or luxuries but lots of additional time with DS at the young age. If I work full time- possible holidays/luxuries and possibility of climbing the ladder in a hope that I can earn more $$$ per hour, and working less hours.

In the end- full time was more beneficial and I am happy to say that we are now reaping the rewards. We go on holidays fairly regulary, he does dancing and we do special things on weekends and such.
    Thanks SimplyMum