+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6 month old sleeping on tummy

Last couple of nights bub has rolled onto her tummy and kept sleeping. I watched her do it and go back to sleep. She seems quite happy but i was so paranoid i checked her every 15 minutes. Is this still safe ? I know they say put them on their back and I do..but she rolls over. She can sit up and roll over competantly .is it ok to leave her like this ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She should be fine as long as there are no blankets she can get wrapped in and suffocate or be strangled by. It will end up being more pain than it's worth for you to keep turning her onto her back, not to mention you could end up waking her up and have her not want to go back to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep once she is able to find her own comfortable sleeping position it is fine to leave her. Can she roll easily from her tummy to her back? My DD did the same and it is stressful but you can't roll them back all night!! Just continue to place her on her back when you first put her down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet87 View Post
    Yep once she is able to find her own comfortable sleeping position it is fine to leave her. Can she roll easily from her tummy to her back? My DD did the same and it is stressful but you can't roll them back all night!! Just continue to place her on her back when you first put her down
    Yes shes a good roller ! i found her last night on her tummy with her leg poking through the cot side. I managed to get her leg out and straighten her, keeping her on her tummy and tuck her back in without waking her. I think ill have to get and air wrap for the side so she doesnt get stuck again.
    Thanks for help ladies. I definietly enjoy her new sleeping position..she slept for 7 hours straight last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHoward View Post
    Yes shes a good roller ! i found her last night on her tummy with her leg poking through the cot side. I managed to get her leg out and straighten her, keeping her on her tummy and tuck her back in without waking her. I think ill have to get and air wrap for the side so she doesnt get stuck again.
    Thanks for help ladies. I definietly enjoy her new sleeping position..she slept for 7 hours straight last night

7hrs?!? Oh I can only dream!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    7hrs?!? Oh I can only dream!
    Haha it is amazing when it happens but has only happened 3 times since she was born lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son sleeps more soundly on his tummy. He will always roll on to his front so I just make sure there isn't anything he can suffocate on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindi81 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends Bub has been a tummy sleeper since three months. I wouldn't stress. She will be fine

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just transitioned my 6 mth old to sleeping unswaddled and since he's free to move now he sleeps on his tummy or side. He has reflux and these are the most comfortable positions for him. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's started sleeping through 12 hrs a night at the same time. I just have a fitted sheet only in the cot, so he can't get tangled, etc. going out today to buy mesh bumpers and a lightweight sleeping bag. I say if your DD is happy on her tummy, let her be. Babies are very intuitive.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirligig For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was a tummy sleeper from 7 weeks. I was made to feel guilty by the MCHN so I stayed up till about midnight one night trying to get her to sleep. I had enough so I put her on her tummy and she fell asleep straight away and was sleeping through from that first time.
    She had no blankets, toys or bumpers in her cot though and the first few nights I allowed her I was watching her like a hawk.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-01-2014)