+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dishwasher obsession!!

I swear my little bubba's can hear the click of the dishwasher opening from the other end of the house!!! Just when I think its safe to empty the darn thing as the younger two are happily playing, I open it and am swiftly surrounded by little hands trying to grab cutlery etc.

They are obsessed.

Am I the only one with kids like these lol???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    I swear my little bubba's can hear the click of the dishwasher opening from the other end of the house!!! Just when I think its safe to empty the darn thing as the younger two are happily playing, I open it and am swiftly surrounded by little hands trying to grab cutlery etc.

They are obsessed.

Am I the only one with kids like these lol???

Argh, yes my 2 year old is like that! Nearly every time I open it I have to swat her away!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No! Haha I would involve them in unloading it while the interest is there..I have to bribe my 5&6yr old to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 11 month old LOVES the dishwasher. I now only do load/unload it when he's asleep. I've caught him standing on the door and climbing in

Can't wait till he gets a little older and can help!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get my DD to 'help' with the cutlery I take all the sharp stuff out and she puts the rest in the drawer... not neatly but it takes her ages and I can do the rest while she does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    No! Haha I would involve them in unloading it while the interest is there..I have to bribe my 5&6yr old to do it
    I wish lol The 11 month old likes to drop everything to test the sound it makes on the tiles and the 3 year old steals and hides!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    I wish lol The 11 month old likes to drop everything to test the sound it makes on the tiles and the 3 year old steals and hides!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup my 16m loves it! She will try and load/unload it, climb in it and she turns it on and off. Cheeky munchkin

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Dd2 loves to help unload the dishwasher. She just turned 2 and will help empty it any chance she gets, including when I am trying to reload it with dirty stuff. I am constantly following her around taking the dirty plates or bowls back out of the cupboard and back in the dishwasher.

Usually I do a quick race to put most of the breakables and all Sharps away then let her go for it with every thing else. We are just lucky we have lots of plastics and have an over abundance of cups and glasses (which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have broken as we have soo many). She is yet to break anything that is breakable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't even run it with dd around either. It does a stupid little tune when you turn on and off so she wants to push the buttons and ends up turning it off mid cycle. I can't believe the child lock doesn't stop it being turned on/off. And I can't let her help, the tiles are very unforgiving on our plates bowls and glasses.