+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to pop in and wish you the very best and express that I think you and your DH are truly amazing. We went all the way to Sth Africa for donor eggs so bless you for giving your friend such a loving and generous gift.

Have completed 8 IVF cycles, I can honestly say they are not that bad. Just some drugs may make you feel a bit emotional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emotional I can deal with!! My dear friend wants to get me a some massages and stuff to help me with my moods.... She's a gem!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're friend is truly blessed to have you as a friend. And there will be plenty of cyber support for you here.

The injections won't be as bad as you fear. Drugs like puregon have needles so fine you can barely feel then go in. Close to egg pick up you may feel bloated and tender, but that's about the worst of it. You will need time off afterwards though, maybe a week to rest and recover depending on your job. Have you told your employer what you are doing? I told my boss and was really surprised by the compassion and support I received. Hopefully your work will be understanding for the odd appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't told work yet, there are a lot of changes happening and they aren't being very nice at the moment. I put in for 3 days annual leave in June so that I could fly to Fiji and be a bridesmaid for one of my friends, and they declined it because they 'don't know what will be going on around that time....' Hopefully I will be in a new job by then and with more understanding employers!!!

Off to the GP Thursday to get a referral for the FS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the most amazing and gorgeous 9 month old from a known (my brother's wife) egg donor. My baby is the most precious thing in the world to me and I cannot thank my sister in law and brother enough. What you are doing is truly amazing. When I was pregnant I wondered how it would all go, how I would feel, how the donor would feel etc. when my little girl was born it was the most amazing thing in my whole entire life. It has never been awkward, she is 100% ours and it has always felt like that.

We decided to tell the donor's kids (varying in age from 4-12) and it hasn't been a big deal for them and we often bring it up so it seems normal, not taboo. Occasionally I tell my little girl a bedtime story about her special Aunty helping out mum and dad. I don't want her to feel as if we kept it a secret. Apart from family, close friends know but that is it. It's not really my news any more, it's my little girls and she can chose who she tells (when she is older of course but I really don't think it will be an issue for her).

The ivf cycle will go so quickly for you, the doctor will probably give you a low dose so that there is minimal risk of overstimulation (that's what they did in our case). Good luck with everything! Here's hoping for some great little embryos!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rittzy For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! How wonderful that you now have such a beautiful daughter through egg donation. I have my referral and have booked my appointment with the FS. The first appointment I go alone, I am pretty excited!

I just had to fill out his standard fertility questionnaire - hilarious.

How often do you and your husband/partner have sex each week? I put N/A, but I wanted to write 'each week? More like each year!'. But I better start off on the right foot lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She rocks our world, the most amazing gift anyone has ever given us.

It's so exciting, from memory it took a while for us to actually get to the ivf stage because of all the appointments and then counselling sessions.

They must be making you fill out forms for couples trying to conceive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rittzy For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (06-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just AmaZing, good luck to you all, wish u all the best and u sound like a friend only one could wish for x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my first appointment with the FS today and he was amazing! I really liked him and he took me straight over to meet the egg donation team. He did a scan and told me I had beautiful ovaries and lots of eggs

I gave about 80 vials of blood and half a litre of wee to the pathology girls and set off home to fill out 85 billion sheets of paper. One of the questions was "in the last 12 months have you participated male on male anal sex"...... I was tempted to circle yes just to see what they'd do, but hubby wouldn't let me

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol! I would have, just to see the look on their faces when they realise they have to ask you about it!