+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 4yo behavior

Ds1 turns 4 in a week.

We moved to another state a month ago. He has thrived with us all being in the one house again, as dh made the move 6 months earlier than we did.
    He requests daily 'group hugs' and tells us all the time how much he loves us and how much he loves his new home.

But one thing kind of bothers me, if he gets in trouble or things don't go his way, he will go into the bedroom and lie on his bed with the sheets over his head. Occasionally he'll even go into the built in robe and sit in the dark. Eg.. He tries to draw something and it doesn't turn out he will go to his room etc.

I usually go in and try to talk to him about what he is feeling but I'm not sure what else to do. Sometimes he's happy to smile and move forward but he usually refuses to yell me whats the matter (typical guy lol).

Is this just another step in his maturity levels so to speak and growing up?

How do I deal with this correctly so that in years to come he will tell me about significant issues eg bullying etc?

Thanks
    Last edited by misho; 16-01-2014 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bump

Similar Threads

1. Not Coping with the behavior!
    By TheUndomesticGoddess in forum Discipline & behaviour
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-08-2013, 16:20
  2. Help!! 3 year old behavior is it normal??
    By CJs mummy in forum 3 year olds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 09:00
  3. Sudden behavior problems
    By Alimia in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 23:57