+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have made him promise to insist on a scan from the Dr when he goes back. I have tried telling him to a chiropractor but he has had life long back problems ,he has scoliosis and had corrective surgery when he was a teenager to get metal rods in to straighten his spine so that makes him reluctant to go to anything like that because he was always told nothing like that would help him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would agree with getting a scan. Especially if he thinks it's getting worse.
    It may be other things causing the headache.
    Not necessarily a tumour, but could be an aneurysm or similar. Best to go to emergency if it gets worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately we live in a very small town with a little country hospital so no real emergency department but I have pushed the issue with him tonight to go to the Dr tomorrow instead of waiting until Monday so that we can get the scan referral ASAP

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Every 3 to 6 weeks I get a headache that lasts for up to 2 days and the only thing that touches it is large and frequent quantities of codeine. That's only recent as well, up until about 4 months ago not even prescription pain killers would touch it.

Anyway, one of the treatments I have sought is physio for the neck to make sure everything is aligned and as it ought to be. It might be worthwhile ringing around to find a physio that might be able to assist with such an ailment.

My headaches also make me very light sensitive but I find if I wrap something over my eyes and pull it tight somehow it releases some of the pain (obviously I'm in bed when I do this).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update; The Dr was fully booked out today so we have a appointment for Monday and I told DH to insist on getting a scan. In the mean time I have been researching about the different types of headaches and have found there is a cluster headache that is caused by stress and sounds exactly like what he has, so I read some more and it was recommended to help ease it to take a strong pain killer, voltaren and melatonin and after digging through the medicine box I was able to give him 1 panadine extra 1 Panadol extra and a voltaren 50, I looked in every shop on town for melatonin and no one stocks it but the pharmacy have now ordered some for me so instead until it gets here I ended up giving him valerian and he said just before that he has minimal pain just the niggling pain that people have when a headache is about to come on so hopefully that means I am onto something

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (18-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck loodle, I hope he is pain free soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was back at work today so because he didn't have me on him to take the different meds and vitamins at the right times the headache got strong again. Went to the Dr again this afternoon and we got a referral to get a ct scan at the larger town 2 hours away so we rang them and got lucky and were able to get him a appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend of mine has had a headache for three years. No explanation, she's tried every sort of treatment and had every sort of test. I really really hope your DH doesn't have it much longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would goto the hospital!!!!!!!! Jesus....

My friends partner had one for over a week and it was a blood clot :/

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    A friend of mine has had a headache for three years. No explanation, she's tried every sort of treatment and had every sort of test. I really really hope your DH doesn't have it much longer
    Oh no how horrible, I really hope the tests come back clear and the pain eases soon. The Dr did say he has seen a few people in the last week with prolonged headaches so it might just be a bug going around but wants to do the tests just to rule out anything nasty