+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Headache that has lasted 3 weeks

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help put me at ease. DH has had a horrid headache for the last 3 weeks on the left side of his head, it moves from behind his ear to his jaw but doesn't go away. He went to the Dr and and they checked for ear infection and took blood and put him on aspalgin which helps ease it but doesn't it doesn't disappear, he rang yesterday for the blood results and the receptionist relayed the message that the blood work was normal with no further action required. He has promised me if it hasn't eased by Monday he will go back to get sent for a scan, in the mean time I have been looking into headaches because I am really starting to worry and from what I have read the only symptom he has of something like a tumour is the headache and though it sounded a lot like a cluster headache so he looked into that and has said he only has a few of those symptoms so he doesn't believe it is that. He has had a lot of stress at work and also DS2 has had a horrid sleeping pattern at the moment that has resulted in each of us only getting at the most 3-4 hours sleep a night since before Christmas, so I wonder if it is stress related. Has anyone ever had anything like this before? Did it turn out ok? And what did you use to help ease the pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Does he clench or grind his teeth in his sleep? When DH is extra tired or stressed he grinds his teeth in his sleep and ends up with horrible ear pain, headaches and jaw pain on one side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any chance it could be from a tooth? That can cause weeks of pain through the jaw toward the ear.

Whatever it is I hope it's nothing serious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Could it be related to his teeth or jaw? Does he clench and grind his teeth at night?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he doesn't clench or grind and he has just had a dental check up so that was already ruled out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get stress/tension headaches that last for around 2 weeks, I get worried it's a tumour each time!
    Is there any way he can catch up on sleep, a lot of rest is the only thing that fixes it for me.
    Has he come off any medication lately? I take anti inflammatories and if for some reason stop taking them I get a withdrawal headache.
    Not sure it would last 3 weeks though.

Hope that it eases soon for him, he must be miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up giving him a sleeping pill last night and he slept straight through so I will do the same tonight, hopefully it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies but I think it would be worth trying to get him in for a scan. My MIL had a headache which lasted about 8 weeks and the doctor didn't do anything about it until FIL demanded a scan. Anyway turns out she had an aneurism and was operated on within 2/3 days as it would have burst otherwise.

Not trying to scare you but I'd get it looked at ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it on the side that he speaks on his mobile phone? I would suggest a CTScan to rule out anything nasty x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a headache which lasted me 4 weeks when I was 17. I remember it like clockwork and I went to a Chiro and he cracked my neck, spine and lower back all for the first time and I woke up the next day and it was gone. Best relief ever! I tried everything. I'm a migraine sufferer, so I know the pain. You could try rubbing his neck/shoulders for 10-20 mins. I'd suggest a professional massage, Chiro or maybe some acupuncture. Def get a referral for a cat scan first and go from there.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️