+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is difficult to express how I feel...for ME i am really glad that I studied and travelled and had an amazing time being independant during my 20's. I do want that for my kids too...and they both already talk about all the places they want to go and about going to uni.

I loved what I had and think it was the best possible decision for me.

I don't think that young mums are any lessor...but if people ask me what I think is the best possible option...i would say "live and have a great time doing so and wait a few years for kids".

That does not mean that I think people who have kids young are wrong or not capable...but, my ideal is what i had.

I don't get why people get so offended by someone having a different ideal to them!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why does it matter what others think?
    Some younger mothers are terrible just as some older are. Just as there are negatives to having children young as there are to having them when you are older.
    There is no magical age to bear children, only what is right to you.
    If it bothers you what others think or say it says more about you than them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    The judgments go on both sides. I can't count the amount of snide comments on here like Ohhh I'm so glad I'm going to be able to play and chase my grandkids, not like older mothers! or that young mums are so much more patient and fun.

The bottom line is that young mums can be great, terrible and in between. Older mothers can be great, terrible or in between. But older mums usually have much more life experience, thus hind sight. At 20 I had lived out of home for 4 years, was in my final year of uni and working 30-40 hours a week. I was pretty grown up for 20. But when I then look at myself at 25 or 30... well I was much more mature with more experience under my belt.

And I think that's what people often refer to, that young parents lack. Not that older parents are better mums and dads or people. Just that we had lived more life before we had kids.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (16-01-2014),DailyDiversion  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    For people who are 100% happy with your choices, you certainly feel the need to push them on someone who asked for advice from "young mums"
    What???

I didn't push my views on anyone. You were the one who made assumptions about my post.

She didn't just ask for advice just from young mums, and this is your thread about older mums. You're the one who said it hit a nerve.

I am 100% happy with my choices and my life. Are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh and you have made assumptions as well. Like being young = being healthy. I am much more healthy now than when I was in my teens and 20's. I don't smoke anymore, I rarely drink, I don't take drugs and I exercise 5 times a week. I eat healthy and cook healthy meals.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    well the title of the thread is I have a question for older mums lol I don't think anyone has been rude at all, just answering the question and many have clearly said we don't think young parents are crap parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not nice to have someone question your choices because of a random thread on the internet is it?? I said that the other thread hit a nerve and if you bothered to read all the post you would see why. That one didn't lead to the current post, this thread did that.
    I really couldn't care less what you think of a geriatric like me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh and you have made assumptions as well. Like being young = being healthy. I am much more healthy now than when I was in my teens and 20's. I don't smoke anymore, I rarely drink, I don't take drugs and I exercise 5 times a week. I eat healthy and cook healthy meals.
    I said that I want to do it while I was sure I would be young and healthy because you don't know how long it will last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said that I want to do it while I was sure I would be young and healthy because you don't know how long it will last.
    Yes, so you are implying that young = healthy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes, so you are implying that young = healthy?
    No, I am implying that when I decided to have children I was young and healthy and that played a part in my choice.