+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my 1st at 32 and am 38 with my 7mo 2nd.

I haven't read all the replies but definitely don't judge parenting based on age. As a teacher I see all types and know age does not equal good parenting.

I do socially however tend to 'click' more with parents my age who started their family around the same age as me. I think it's just cos we tend to have similar experiences and values.

I know ladies my age who are now grandparents and I just have so little common ground with them and conversation never flows. I get along better with a young mum with similar age kids, than an older mum with older kids, but better yet with an older mum with younger kids IYKWIM.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm an old Mum. Mine are 4 and 2 and I'm 41 soon.

I don't spend any time thinking about the ages of the parents I know, and I admit I'm a judgy person! We all have kids at a time that is good for us. Sometimes it's 20's, sometimes 40's.

I saw a kid the other day, would have been around 2, who got yelled at and slapped because he wasn't walking fast enough, when he was running as fast as his little legs would carry him across a busy highway, and Mum wasn't even holding his hand. Did I judge? Hell yes. Could I tell you how old Mum was? Nup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that one of the joys of being a BH mum is that we are perfect parents. No matter whether we are young or old.

It's those pesky 'other' mums who are the problem in society.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (16-01-2014),ChickyBee  (16-01-2014),delirium  (16-01-2014),ertgirl  (16-01-2014),giggle berry  (17-01-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-01-2014),snowqu33n  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well here on the bubhub I wouldn't have a clue who is old or young. It's funny when some posters are putting there age here and I was thinking no way would I have picked that from your threads or replies. We all seem to be struggling with the same things- sleeping, relationships, making time for ourselves!!!
    Being a parent is one tough gig whether you are young or old, and I don't think age makes any difference to that

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (16-01-2014),RipperRita  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I read the other thread and I didn't see anyone make any horrible statements about young mums, just advice based on experience.

I had a baby young and feel I was a loving mother but I do feel I missed out on a lot of experiences. That's not an unfair judgement in my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I read the other thread and I didn't see anyone make any horrible statements about young mums, just advice based on experience.

I had a baby young and feel I was a loving mother but I do feel I missed out on a lot of experiences. That's not an unfair judgement in my eyes.
    I wrote earlier that this was just about the other thread but things that me and other young mums I know have felt, I properly should have explained that better in my original post. The other thread just hit a nerve that made me want to ask.

And you may feel that you missed out but a lot of young mums don't feel that way and I found that people telling someone to wait because they feel that young people should travel or go to uni was something that bothered me.
    Like I said, I don't want to argue about the other thread or about when its best to have a baby. I was just wondering what people thought about the subject.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You're right a lot of young mums don't feel they missed out and they should respond accordingly. But both sides should be heard when making the hugest decision of her life - to become a parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    You're right a lot of young mums don't feel they missed out and they should respond accordingly. But both sides should be heard when making the hugest decision of her life - to become a parent.
    I agree its a huge decision and yes she should get both sides of the story, I didn't say she shouldn't, what I said was that people tell her she should wait vs could wait or that they would have waited hit a nerve for me. So in respect to the fact that that was her thread about her question I started my own thread about something that I have felt as been an issue for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I agree its a huge decision and yes she should get both sides of the story, I didn't say she shouldn't, what I said was that people tell her she should wait vs could wait or that they would have waited hit a nerve for me. So in respect to the fact that that was her thread about her question I started my own thread about something that I have felt as been an issue for me.
    There were plenty who said "go for it" etc. I wouldn't worry what others think, I've read plenty of horrible and untrue things about older mums here too we just have to do what we think is right. There's pros and cons to both and there's pros and cons to even becoming a mother at all. I don't give a second thought to people's age but if they ask advice I do respond based on experience which is what I think we all do.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is always something to be judged.

My most recent experience being the judgee was to be told they "couldn't believe" I would live in another country as my family as it was unfair and cruel to keep my child from his grandparents. Lol. Don't get me wrong, it is hard and there are downsides but we obviously wouldn't be here if it wasn't right for our family.