+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I still think that if you are going to be a parent, then you need to be in a good place to do it, that goes for any age. But the thing is, if you are a young teen, there is no way, just no way that you can be in that place, even with the help of your parents. There is no way you can be educated, or have a career at 16, there just isn't. And without your parents help, then life would be a very scary place and most likely they'd end up a statistic (I know not everyone, but the majority does). And they are making decisions that affect others, not just themselves. So no, I still say that having a child when you are a teen is not a good thing to do under any circumstances. It doesn't mean that I think young people are bad parents, just that the timing is far from optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    I see what your saying, but it all worked out well from what you have posted. Who are we as individuals to judge someone's else's life? I just dont understand it. She may very well be a better mother than some that are in their 30s, isn't that more important than what age the mother is? I understand its not an ideal situation, but I believe everything happens for a reason and think its fantastic that with her mothers support your sill has become a great parent

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (19-01-2014),HollyGolightly81  (19-01-2014),VicPark  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I still think that if you are going to be a parent, then you need to be in a good place to do it, that goes for any age. But the thing is, if you are a young teen, there is no way, just no way that you can be in that place, even with the help of your parents. There is no way you can be educated, or have a career at 16, there just isn't. And without your parents help, then life would be a very scary place and most likely they'd end up a statistic (I know not everyone, but the majority does). And they are making decisions that affect others, not just themselves. So no, I still say that having a child when you are a teen is not a good thing to do under any circumstances. It doesn't mean that I think young people are bad parents, just that the timing is far from optimal.
    Teenage mums also face the potential for higher risk pregnancies for themselves and their babies as they are still growing themselves. As someone else mentioned earlier too, the human brain is not fully developed until you're in your 20s. So even someone of 19 or 20 years old is not as physically or mentally developed as someone just a few years older - which would still make them a fairly young mum.

This doesn't mean they can't be a good parent, just that physically and mentally they would have the better potential to be if they wait just a little longer. This is purely on a human development level which is common to everyone - not even factoring life experience, goals or how "ready" you may feel to start procreating.

The optimal age to have a child is completely subjective, however; based on development, statistics, societal values and anecdotal evidence the general consensus would not be during the teenage years.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-01-2014)