+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not saying young mums aren't always the best mums. I'm saying young mums on average have it harder. - have to struggle and work harder to be a good mum.

Hey I'm a working parent and yes: there are definitely pitfalls. It's not all roses. Also I'm not saying I started having kids at the perfect age. I was ready about 30 but an unbelievable job opportunity came my way so kids got postponed until 33. So I'm an old fart of 36ish having my second kid. Not ideal for me but whatever I've had a good run so far.

Anyway just wanted to highlight it's not all roses on either side of the fence.
    Umm why would we have to work harder to be a good parent?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bplus3 For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (16-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    People assume I am a single mother or that my kids have different dads because I dont wear a wedidng ring, I'm so young and my kids are so young. It used to hurt me when people assumed things like this. But now it honestly doesnt bother me. I am happily married with awesome kids. What do I have to be upset about?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh yep I get asked if same fathers! It's such a rude question! Can't wait for next person to ask me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bplus3 View Post
    Umm why would we have to work harder to be a good parent?
    Because unfortunately younger people generally face more challenges and obstacles (not as much $, stability, independence, life experience etc). (Yeah I know averages don't always apply to everyone).
    Last edited by VicPark; 16-01-2014 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bplus3 View Post
    Oh yep I get asked if same fathers! It's such a rude question! Can't wait for next person to ask me!
    You should say "not sure as I'm still trying to work out who the fathers are." Then watch their reaction!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Butterscotch  (17-01-2014),ExcuseMyFrench  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not saying young mums aren't always the best mums. I'm saying young mums on average have it harder. - have to struggle and work harder to be a good mum.

Hey I'm a working parent and yes: there are definitely pitfalls. It's not all roses. Also I'm not saying I started having kids at the perfect age. I was ready about 30 but an unbelievable job opportunity came my way so kids got postponed until 33. So I'm an old fart of 36ish having my second kid. Not ideal for me but whatever I've had a good run so far.

Anyway just wanted to highlight it's not all roses on either side of the fence.
    But VP, you're positively young to this real old fart...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Purely out of interest sake, would you encourage your own kids to forgoe uni/career/travel/life experience to have children at 18-20?

When reading this thread I think about my own kid, what do I want for him. I want him to travel and see the world, discover himself a little before he has a child. To study and be happy in his career so he can make his own money and never need to rely on anyone. For me, I'd def encourage him to wait to have kids. It's not always a negative thing.

You did ask the question so people are giving you an answer, they aren't trying to be offensive.
    I would encourage my children to make their own decisions and I would support them even if I myself wouldnt have taken that path.

I have one parent who supported my choices fully. And one who didnt, and still doesnt, because I dont fit into his ideal scenario he had planned for me. It hurts like hell that he cant see how happy I am and how wonderful my family is. It has scarred our relationship greatly. However my mum supported us and sees all that I have and she is totally happy for me. I want to help guide my children to whatever life they desire. Not what I think is best for them.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (17-01-2014),CassJ  (16-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (16-01-2014),Purple Lily  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    But VP, you're positively young to this real old fart...
    How old are you Nanna?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I want to guide my kids in becoming fully independent. From us parents, from any welfare payments and from a potential partner.

Which doesn't necessarily mean a uni degree but a good job.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (17-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-01-2014),Purple Lily  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How old are you Nanna?
    Well, in my day....
    I'll be 41 in August & have the hide to be considering another child...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I would encourage my children to make their own decisions and I would support them even if I myself wouldnt have taken that path.

I have one parent who supported my choices fully. And one who didnt, and still doesnt, because I dont fit into his ideal scenario he had planned for me. It hurts like hell that he cant see how happy I am and how wonderful my family is. It has scarred our relationship greatly. However my mum supported us and sees all that I have and she is totally happy for me. I want to help guide my children to whatever life they desire. Not what I think is best for them.

Then we are the same because I'd support my children no matter what they do.

I will also encourage them to be independent and I will encourage them to study and learn about the world, to gain as many different perspectives as they can. Then rest is up to them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

delirium  (16-01-2014)