Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad its going well Wobbler :-)

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Becca that's gone so fast!!! How are you feeling?
    Feeling fine now. I've felt the odd movement every few days, but about 10mins ago bubs had about 8 good movements! I had my laptop on my belly playing music.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Feeling fine now. I've felt the odd movement every few days, but about 10mins ago bubs had about 8 good movements! I had my laptop on my belly playing music.
    That's awesome such an amazing feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Yay. I can't wait for movements, only part of pregnancy I like

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling deflated. Had a horrendous first antenatal class yesterday. DH and I were amazed at how **** she made us feel. She was SO pro natural, drug free birth and stopping at nothing to achieve this. We explained having the potential for a c-sect due to GD and breech and she basically excluded us from the rest of the class from then on. One poor woman expecting twins asked about epidurals and was dismissed saying that plenty of women birth twins drug free so basically what's the big deal? Wtf!!! She said having a c-sect is not as meaningful, bad for bonding and breast feeding and women don't get the sense of achievement from it like a vaginal birth. So all in all I walked away with the messages of: drugs are bad, suck it up, your body is failing and you are failing your baby for not trying hard enough to have a vaginal birth. Are you for real?!

Sorry for the rant but she had me in tears after and really put us off going back next week.

Of course I want a vaginal birth and always imagined this would be the case. I hope we do get it but knowing our increased chances of not, I want to understand and accept it so I still have a positive birth experience, not walking away from it wishing I did it differently or that I failed as a woman and mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rebecca, that is terrible. I'd be putting in a complaint about her. You're supposed to come out of class knowing what all your options are, not the personal beliefs of the person running the class.

A lot of women that have c-sec come out of it feeling down that they didn't get the birth they desired. For that b1tch to basically tell you that a cs is a bad option, is so unprofessional of her.

Remember, that the birth is a means to an end. The most important thing is that you have a healthy baby at the end of it. It doesn't matter how the baby arrives, or what drugs you choose to have during the process. Do what's right for you and your baby, and try not to let one b1tch's opinion get you down.

I was told not to write a birth plan, but rather have birth preferences. So in a perfect world, I want xyz to happen, but if unexpected circumstances happen, you're open to moving away from those preferences. If you have a specific plan, you're more likely to be disappointed that it didn't happen.

Chin up Hun x
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 27-04-2014 at 22:30.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah DH and I have talked about putting in a complaint. It was just so disappointing as we had both just started talking more positively about the birth and she just shat all over it.
    I know that in the end, so long as she is healthy and well it doesn't matter how she gets here and is what is keeping us going.
    We were, well particularly me, heartbroken at the prospect of a Caesar but what will be will be.
    I'm prepared to try acupuncture or the Webster technique if ob says its safe to do so, but I'm really not fond of the ECV. Freaked me out when I watch one being done! Then I will feel like I have tried what I can and if she is still breech, then I'll leave her be comfy and follow the advice is our ob. I trust her. She's got us through some bumps a long the way and has always been honest which we appreciate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hijack!!

Rebecca - I had to have an emergency csection and yes I'm devastated that I couldn't have a vaginal birth but without the csection I wouldn't have my bub! We had no bonding issues and are still bf at 8 months (even with all the issues my DD had and being in NICU etc) so you can tell that nurse to shove her opinion up her ar$e!

Also - Check out the spinning babies website as that got my DD the right way round!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the antenatal class was run by the hospital your ob works from, give her the feedback. My ob was very interested to hear about what we thought of the classes.

Interestingly, my antenatal classes were the complete opposite of yours. The midwife just went over all the pain relief options available and basically made it sound like we were stupid if we didn't use them. She didn't really touch on the birth itself, just pain relief

My SIL had 5 caesareans and Breastfeed all her bubs until they were 10-12 months old.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Feeling deflated. Had a horrendous first antenatal class yesterday. DH and I were amazed at how **** she made us feel. She was SO pro natural, drug free birth and stopping at nothing to achieve this. We explained having the potential for a c-sect due to GD and breech and she basically excluded us from the rest of the class from then on. One poor woman expecting twins asked about epidurals and was dismissed saying that plenty of women birth twins drug free so basically what's the big deal? Wtf!!! She said having a c-sect is not as meaningful, bad for bonding and breast feeding and women don't get the sense of achievement from it like a vaginal birth. So all in all I walked away with the messages of: drugs are bad, suck it up, your body is failing and you are failing your baby for not trying hard enough to have a vaginal birth. Are you for real?!

Sorry for the rant but she had me in tears after and really put us off going back next week.

Of course I want a vaginal birth and always imagined this would be the case. I hope we do get it but knowing our increased chances of not, I want to understand and accept it so I still have a positive birth experience, not walking away from it wishing I did it differently or that I failed as a woman and mother.
    What the actual f#*^k!
    I'm sorry but this woman should not be teaching these classes, put in a complaint and disregard everything she said. You are growing your baby and that is the most amazing thing you can do. It does not matter how that baby comes out as long as it's healthy. No one should make anyone feel bad about a c section or choosing to have drugs, labour is bloody hard work and no one should ever judge another woman for how she chooses (or has to) get through it.
    Grrr grrr grrr

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (28-04-2014),Pinkblue  (28-04-2014),ReBeCcA7  (28-04-2014)