Closed Thread
Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no idea what the recovery is like from a planned c-section as mine was an emergency one and they seem to make a bigger cut and was under a general. I've visited some women in the private after a planned one though and they were moving around quite well in comparison.
    I know after my naturals though recovery was great and even went straight home after one of the births.

As long as both of you are well in the end. Hopefully the gel will do its job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobbler...just checking...you are happy with your OBGYN, yes?
    Some may read your posts as no, and I am concerned.
    I was induced due to size of baby, and as you will know, planned induction is generally a very straight-foward process.
    Break membranes, syntocinon infusion (usually with epidural infusion), and then most babies can be delivered within 4-6 hours.
    Just applying prostagladin gel to the cervix is rarely effective, as I think you are aware.
    So...indications for earlier induction have been discussed by you, yes? Size of baby? Pain at present due to ligamental stress?
    Please talk to your OBGYN, and be as honest as you can.
    J x.
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. My baby was induced a week early, at 4.715kg (10 lb 6 oz). Planned induction.
    All very civilised, actually. Painful, but the best it could be in the circumstance.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow J - that's one healthy bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Wobbler...just checking...you are happy with your OBGYN, yes?
    Some may read your posts as no, and I am concerned.
    I was induced due to size of baby, and as you will know, planned induction is generally a very straight-foward process.
    Break membranes, syntocinon infusion (usually with epidural infusion), and then most babies can be delivered within 4-6 hours.
    Just applying prostagladin gel to the cervix is rarely effective, as I think you are aware.
    So...indications for earlier induction have been discussed by you, yes? Size of baby? Pain at present due to ligamental stress?
    Please talk to your OBGYN, and be as honest as you can.
    J x.
    Hi thankyou yes am happy with OB he is lovely and am happy with care. I have been happy with idea of induction for a while dh has taken a bit to convince as he believed was to make life easier for the dr and wasn't to make life easier for me chronic pain and health issues aren't things he understands but is now finally happy and excited to see bub this week.

I did my last placement in maternity about 12 yrs ago but never actually saw inductions just just normal labours and c sections.

Guess have the normal worries and fears regarding first birth having never done this before but have had great support from OB and midwives. Plan to be much healthier next time and healthier after bub is born.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You had one very well grown bub there I can imagine it would have been painful. I keep telling my brother good luck to the lady who wants his genes for 13 lb babies I assume he wouldn't ever tell a wife/girlfriend until she was pregnant so they didn't run in fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Ps. My baby was induced a week early, at 4.715kg (10 lb 6 oz). Planned induction.
    All very civilised, actually. Painful, but the best it could be in the circumstance.
    J.

My friend's first baby was 10lb 6oz. She's currently 37 weeks with her next bub, and is freaking out that this one will be just as big or bigger. She's hoping for an induction next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobbler, I hope I didn't offend you. I certainly didn't mean to. I was just concerned.

I had gestational diabetes with both my children; I was on insulin, but could never get my fasting BSL below 5.5, despite an increasing dose of protaphane. Hence, both my kids were massive!! But Lucy is quite tiny now; 7.06kg at 9 months, so less than 25th percentile. When she was born, however, she was way off the chart!!!!

I had serial US scans in my last trimester to make sure she didn't get "too big". Not sure about my OBGYN's definition of "too big" though!

J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not offended at all. Excited thinking there is only 3 more sleeps before she is here mum is still excited and hopeful will be tomorrow or Wednesday so she can get called out of work earlier.

Feel horrible on the family front as FIL is still vomiting profusely and not eating/ drinking after 3 weeks DH told his mum to take him to hospital for rehydration and she wont as is saying if the gp thought he was sick enough would get him admitted so cranky with his care and their denial as to how sick he is. Have told DH when he goes round today if he is as bad in person as he sounded over the phone he needs to take him to ED as his mum won't she doesn't like going against dr's orders or asking for 2nd opinions. DH has finally asked the question I didn't want to have to answer and upset him with and said dad hasn't got another 18months to 3 yrs does he to which he then said he won't be here in 12 months now will he since he is so sick I said probably not from experience looks more like 6-12 months I didn't say that though. I feel awful that I have upset him more as I didn't want to bring it up and especially not now I just hope our little girl can distract them from reality for a little while and hope that DH is able to focus on delivery of our little girl for the day he deserves 1 day not being upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So gel done today a back now sore and have the period cramps. Home for the night now will have shower soon then off to bed with my pain killers and sleepers and hopefully get a few hrs sleep then back to hospital in the morning.