And then go and give that little spunk of yours a big squishy hug.. Xx

~Skye~ 21/11/2012
    Skittle due 07/04/2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Channy darling, the sleep deprivation and interrupted sleep makes you crazy...allow for a bit of a cry, it's therapeutic!!
    J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (13-02-2014)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Pony! 5-6 hours? That would be heaven! Glad you two are figuring out BFing.

Channy - I hope poor Lincoln's cough is better. Having a little cry is sometimes the best thing you can do. This mommy stuff is hard work!!

WoBbler - only 7 shifts. That's great. Hopefully they can sort our your call bladder issue sooner rather than later.

AFM - the twins are doing well. BFing isn't working at all. I'll feed them and then they cry for more food 10 minutes after they are done. I've tried BFing one and formula feeding the other and then the next day switching. And alternating who gets breast and bottle. But after each of them were crying while BFing because they weren't getting anything I decided it wasn't worth the stress. I feel like such a failure in that aspect but it's for the best. Now they get mostly formula (which is friggin' expensive) and 2 or 3 small BF feeds a day. It's not ideal but at least they are getting something. Not sure how long that will lat though. Even with formula they are still feeding every 2.5-3 hours. Can't wait to see if the " formula fed babies sleep through the night faster" myth is true. Thank god Mom is here because these two are a full time job and then some. But they sure are cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Iv shed a few tears today and I don't know why. Lincoln has been such a good boy since birth but god it's hard work.
    Totally totally natural, trust me your not alone ever mother feels this way I'm sure. Hugs!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Channy, it's perfectly normal to have emotional days. Your life has changed so much in the last couple of weeks. Take care of yourself. I hope Lincoln's cough is better.

Squiggs, you're doing a great job. Yay for your mum being there. My mix fed baby started sleeping through the night from 3 weeks. She'd cluster feed from 6-11pm, then sleep til 9am

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (13-02-2014)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Channy, it's perfectly normal to have emotional days. Your life has changed so much in the last couple of weeks. Take care of yourself. I hope Lincoln's cough is better.

Squiggs, you're doing a great job. Yay for your mum being there. My mix fed baby started sleeping through the night from 3 weeks. She'd cluster feed from 6-11pm, then sleep til 9am
    They're 4 weeks now so hopefully they aren't far behind yours!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy don't feel bad, these hormones do crazy things to us! Some of my girls decorated our gate and driveway for our homecoming and wrote "welcome home James" in chalk on the driveway, now everytime I go out I burst into tears! I cried Tuesday when DH wouldn't give my geese a scoop of grain because they are obese (no really they are!) I usually feed them grains morning and night because I'm a sucker!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. I think I'm just so hot and exhausted and feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

Squigg I can't even imagine looking after two babies, u r a champion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I caved and expressed yesterday so DH could take the 3am feed, I felt SO guilty for not breast feeding him because I was awake anyway, but it was nice to lay there dozing in and out while he was being taken care of! He took the bottle well and it gave my sore boobs a much needed break. I've ordered an electric pump and feeding system I'm thinking about expressing full time just due to our busy life it will allow me to do what I need to on the property and DH can feed James but I feel so guilty about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Pony don't feel guilty we all need a break at times!!! If you decide to express full time a word of caution you may find it more time consuming than bf yourself as I know others have had this experience and found it exhausting. I take a long time to pump anything even though my supply is good. But of course everyone is different and no way to know unless you try. I would just wait a while longer if it was me as it may affect your supply to solely pump when it's only just establishing at this early stage. Have James at the breast as much as you can manage.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (13-02-2014)