Closed Thread
Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Each labour is so different. When I had pre-labour I could still drive, walk, cook, sit down and eat. Early proper labour I could clean, walk but not sit still. Progressive labour I had to stop for contractions and needed the rest in-between!

Glad things are progressing Pony. Not long now for the both of you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I went into early labour with my first (Oscar), it just felt like bad period pain, but it was constant and not intermittent, so I didn't think anything of it. As the day went on, I felt a need to go to the toilet every 5 mins, and each time I tried to wee, it would bring me to tears. But I still doubted it was labour, as it wasn't the classic "coming and going" pain.

When I started to get teary, my husband decided we should go in to the hospital for assessment. On examination, I was 5cm dilated at that stage.

My point is, yes, labour is a widely varied experience! People said to me "You're a doctor, you should have known!", but it's not a process or feeling that can be taught at Medical School.

J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    Yep! I've been making use of them and going for walks down the uneven raceways about the property, hoping it helps! It was nice and cool thismorning so I took my poor neglected horse with me, he loved the attention and I figured he could carry me home if something happenned lol and if I say the word WALK to my dogs they both look at me in disgust and roll over back to sleep lol
    Got stuck outside talking with the mum in law for 2 hours thismorning and left my phone inside and hubby was trying to call to check on me the whole time, gave the poor guy a heart attack, he was on his way home to me when I called back! He turned around back to work now he knows I'm ok!

Pain has ramped up a little bit but it just feels like I have gas :-/
    Ur poor hubby. It would b hard for them going to work not knowing when they might get the call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Poor bugger is on edge lol

In other news my pains have completely stopped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh I hate that. Stupid bodies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    When I went into early labour with my first (Oscar), it just felt like bad period pain, but it was constant and not intermittent, so I didn't think anything of it. As the day went on, I felt a need to go to the toilet every 5 mins, and each time I tried to wee, it would bring me to tears. But I still doubted it was labour, as it wasn't the classic "coming and going" pain.

When I started to get teary, my husband decided we should go in to the hospital for assessment. On examination, I was 5cm dilated at that stage.

My point is, yes, labour is a widely varied experience! People said to me "You're a doctor, you should have known!", but it's not a process or feeling that can be taught at Medical School.

J.

J - that's exactly what happened to me! My bub was posterior.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bugga, how annoying. C'mon bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post

J.

I had that experience too, J!

We are taught in antenatal classes that labour pains come and go - start further apart and weaker becoming closer and stronger. With each of my labours - 3min apart from the start - and being a vbac I just had to go on pain level as to when to go in as it's usually at 10 min apart to go in for a vbac! For our last birth they told me to wait longer but glad I went in as I was already 7cm.

So often there are so many women who are not part of the 'general norm' that I'm surprised they teach to the norm.

Ponytail - any pain would be getting your body ready - it is all worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had constant period like pain after the gel was inserted. It got worse after every internal. I never had contractions until my waters were broken. I was 2cm dilated at the time, and contractions tarred immediately at 2-3 mins apart. 3 hrs later I was fully dilated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar Smurfy really strong period pain after the gel but only 1cm when they broke my waters. Contractions 3mins apart when drip inserted but the first 3hrs only got to 3cm. The final 7cm took 50mins and pushing was 20mins

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app