+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We also decided to grin and bear it... Ds turned two in December. We tried and tried but nothing worked. He has slept 8 hours once in his life, other than that the longest is about 2. I put a queen bed in his room so dh or I could go in there with him. It works well. We get all the comments about not sleeping together and how we're ruining our relationship. Meh! We're strong enough to deal with not sleeping in the same bed.

Im pregnant with #4 now so the comments have started that we "need to get on top of it" before bub comes... We just figure I'll probably be sleeping with bub and dh with ds3...

As others have said it won't be forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    i decided to cosleep and just ditch the cot altogether. Even though bub continued to wake, i didn't have to get out of bed to feed her / help her back to sleep.
    Ditto, but we attached the cot to the side of the bed to make it a bit roomier. And as PP have said, it won't last forever - advice which doesn't help you now I know, and it must be so frustrating. Our boy used to wake up through the night every 2 or 3 hours. He's one now and will wake up just once in the night unless he's ill and then it's back to every 2 or 3 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debsch View Post
    Ditto, but we attached the cot to the side of the bed to make it a bit roomier. And as PP have said, it won't last forever - advice which doesn't help you now I know, and it must be so frustrating. Our boy used to wake up through the night every 2 or 3 hours. He's one now and will wake up just once in the night unless he's ill and then it's back to every 2 or 3 hours.
    That was my next step, and over time DD started sleeping longer stretches on her mattress. Changes are so much easier when the child is ready for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi.

The pantley pull off method did work here but it did take 2-3mths to work successfully everytime. Both my kids were shocking between 6-9mths. But persistence and patience did pay off long term. Both kids now go to bed 7.30-8pm and sleep till 5.30-6.30am.

I've had many a whinge on here. So go ahead.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Hi.

The pantley pull off method did work here but it did take 2-3mths to work successfully everytime. Both my kids were shocking between 6-9mths. But persistence and patience did pay off long term. Both kids now go to bed 7.30-8pm and sleep till 5.30-6.30am.

I've had many a whinge on here. So go ahead.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    *WHIIIIIIIINGGGGGE* lol

I am probably not consistent enough with it to be honest, I just feel like I'm going mental constantly working on something that doesn't seem to improve much. And I really resent being stuck for ages in a darkened room trying to get a baby to sleep, I already miss out on so much with my DH and DS1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our toddker also has a double bed so one of us can sleep with him at night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo View Post
    Thanks everyone. I think this is where I'm at right now, apart from quietly hoping for some miracle fix from somewhere that is! I think I just keep getting sidetracked by people around me who imply, directly and indirectly, that I've caused the problem, I need to fix the problem, I'm taking the 'easy' way by not trying harder etc etc. Plus DH has basically washed his hands of the issue because it was the same with DS1 and I refuse to let my kids CC/CIO so I feel like I'm not allowed to complain that I'm tired because it's my own damn fault. In any case DS2 is sleeping soundly beside me right now
    This is me.
    But i am using the pantly method in a different way.
    I have the cot side car. When i feed him to sleep and can hear he is not feeding just comferting i stick my little finger in to break the seal lie normal.
    if he fusses i give it bsck but leave my finger in to annoy him. He gives up and usually rolls over and is asleep in seconds. I can move into my own bed or put up the safety rail and get up.
    Im still feedng to sleep but i dont mind one bit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (17-01-2014),Electric Boogaloo  (16-01-2014),Piyamj  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't need the Pantly pull off method but tried her method to get DD to fall asleep in her cot instead of in my arms (put her in the cot slightly more awake over time) at about 7 months. It totally backfired as she started waking up 5 mins after I left. I was beyond frustrated and my DH said "just do what you need to do", as I was feeling the pressure to have her sleep in her cot. I abandoned the idea for a while and just co-slept for a few months. This included going to bed with her at 8:30 or whenever she had her first wake up.

Then at about 10 months I was ready to try again and attempted to follow the 'safe sleep space' method, which also didn't quite work but did lead to better sleeping in her cot and also being able to use the Pantly method with more success. She still wakes often at 14 months but spends at least half the night in her cot and is easier to resettle.

So what do I suggest you do when the method you're trying doesn't work? Accept that your baby may not be ready to do that yet and do what you need to do to get through until you and bubs are ready to try again - either the same approach or a different one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (17-01-2014),Electric Boogaloo  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I put DS to sleep in the bed tonight and just to throw me off, he comfort sucked on and off for about 10 mins and then rolled over and went to sleep!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My thoughts on this are probably quite out of whack with most others in this thread but I found that co-sleeping and the all-night/ish feeding to sleep just exacerbated our problem. I was so tired and up and down to my ds that I started co-sleeping. However, I found that he learned that there was a boob close by so after each sleep cycle he would be looking to feed and comfort suck himself back to sleep.

I just found that this interfered with my sleep so much that I became anxious and depressed day and night to the point where it was hard to enjoy being a Mother. I wish co-sleeping had worked well because it is lovely to be so close but neither myself not my baby was getting much useful.sleep.

I also don't believe there is a "no cry" sleep solution. Even babies who are lovingly rocked to sleep will cry until their tiredness can be satisfied with sleep.

I ended up going to sleep school. I hope I won't be back there with the coming baby!!

There seems to be a lot of mixed meanings regarding the definition of CC and CIO....I didn't use these techniques at sleep school but what I did get was a lot of support, knowledge and some time to implement some different strategies in a consistent manner, without the distraction of other domestic issues.

My post is not meant to be a comment on individual sleep change strategies etc....my point is really just that co-sleeping and all night comfort sucking just did not work for us.and maybe it's not something that had to be accepted if it's not working for you and your baby.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 16-01-2014 at 21:26.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (16-01-2014)