+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Fuzzy Llamas hope you don't mind if I Jon, I'm so happy that you have made this thread as I have been talking a bit about my weightloss on my current IVF thread. But I feel better talking about it here. Good luck with your weight loss and IVF. Well done on your weightloss so far
    @BabyG4 that's awesome, sounds like your not track with your weightloss, when are you looking at starting IVF? Have you done IVF before?

Hope you don't mind if I join, I have been hoping there was a thread like this. I had my 1st fresh IVF cycle done in nov/dec which resulted in a BFN. I only had two lucky embies from the 3 eggs retrieved. 1 was transferred and the other lucky snow baby is the one we are using for our FET end feb or march. I decided as part of my New Years resolution and to give us a better chance at getting pregnant I would start to lose weight by exercising and healthy eating.

So far I have lost 4.7kg since my last IVF cycle.
    Since starting properly this year I have lost 3.7kg.
    At my heaviest I was 95kg. Two years ago I was down to 76kg. Then stacked back on 12kg.
    I'm currently 84.3kg. I'm hoping to reach my mini goal weight of 80kg before march FET.
    My goal weight is 75kg.

I would love to chat and support each other.

Currently I'm doing 1hr treadmill walks every morning (5km) and trying to watch what I eat & be healthy. I do have a sweet tooth for chocolate and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

from babygirl7

🌈 loads of baby dust to everyone

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi babygirl7 you are more than welcome to join the more the merrier! congrats on your loss so far, fingers crossed for a bfp from you fet!

I'm currently doing shakes for breakfast and lunch and calorie counted meal for dinner with fresh fruit etc for snacks and trying to get in a few dog walks when I can, trying to lose some before I get into serious exercise as I don't want to injure my ankles/hips
    I'm using an app called myfitnesspal which I find awesome check it out if you like

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy Llamas For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Fuzzy Llamas thank you and sounds like you got a good plan. What exercise are you doing? I agree take it easy as you don't want to injure yourself. When I had a laparoscopy done in aug 13' I ended up with double bursitis in my right hip, it was so painful after the surgery. I still get pain in my hip and I feel the walking helps it. When I don't walk I think it ceases and gets painful. I'm currently having some Physio and doing my Physio stretching everyday. I had the myfitnesspal app but never used it lol. Getting back into now though, thanks. I logged my meals for today and hopefully I will continue to use it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too was 138kgs when I conceived with Genea. Since then they've changed their policy & now have a bmi limit of 35. So I have a stack to lose before I can go again. However, my FS said that as I conceived at that weight before they may allow me to do cycle again. I'm 40 though, so time isn't really on my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ertgirl that sucks hopefully they might make an exception for you! feel free to join in with us if you would like some support on your weight loss journey
    @babygirl7 at the moment we are just walking our dogs will probably start to do swimming and some sort of fitball work out soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fuzzy Llamas you're off to a good start with your weight loss. I use myfitnesspal too, so good to be able to keep track of everything.
    Do you know when you'll actually be starting IVF or just waiting to get more weight off?

Babygirl7 awesome effort doing 5km every morning. I need to get a bit more motivation to wake earlier in the morning. Have got my diet all sorted finally which is working. Never done IVF before my appointment is on 24 feb so I'm a little nervous..

Ertgirl hopefully they will let you try again considering you've already fallen pregnant last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyG4 no I'm not sure yet dp wants to wait till we are closer to the bmi limit so because he's worried that the testing will yell him he has lazy swimmers because he's over weight then he will lose motivation and feel negative lol. . We will most likely book our first appointment towards the end of the year whilst he has only 10-15 kilos to lose I need to lose about 50... so going to be a bit of work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to join, if you don't mind an old girl like me hanging about ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should say, I'm still trying to convince DH to go ahead & try for another bub... We're having 'the talk' on Saturday to try to work out what we both want. DH has to go through incredibly painful testicular biopsy to retrieve sperm; this the need to convince him. Of course, IVF is a walk in the park for us girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Llamas View Post
    @BabyG4 no I'm not sure yet dp wants to wait till we are closer to the bmi limit so because he's worried that the testing will yell him he has lazy swimmers because he's over weight then he will lose motivation and feel negative lol. . We will most likely book our first appointment towards the end of the year whilst he has only 10-15 kilos to lose I need to lose about 50... so going to be a bit of work

I've got a great book that I read that actually got me in the right mindset to drop the kg's. I'd say we were both coming from roughly the same weight. It's called the primal blueprint by mark Sisson you can get it off eBay..
    Hope for you it's sooner than later. I booked my appointment for the motivation to get more weight off by then lol..
    Have you regretted having your tubes done? I have from the moment I had them done..