+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else over being pregnant?

I'm 39 weeks today and sooooooo ready for our baby girl to arrive. This is our second bub, DS came early at 37 weeks and it was an easy pregnancy with a winter arrival.
    This time round I have been uncomfortable since about 30 weeks, it's stinking hot and my BH contractions have been terribly frequent and painful.
    Have tried so many things to start labour, spicy food, long walks, trampoline, even sex! Nothing is working, seems our little girl is sticking it out till the last minute.
    Yesterday afternoon was spent in hospital as my blood pressure had escalated and I had protein present in my urine. They were concerned about pre-eclampsia, however the tests all come back clear so we were allowed to go home.
    Not before being poked and prodded with needles all day though
    They even hooked me up to a drip because I was dehydrated due to the extreme heat we're having.
    Anyway, just having a moan and hoping for that first contraction to start any moment now. Fingers crossed today's the day (although I've been saying that for 3 weeks now lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    * Puts hand up*.

40w3d. At first I was just over it because I wanted to meet my baby, now I'm just uncomfortable and can't get any decent sleep what so ever. Get little cramps and BH here and there but nothing that's consistent or hasn't been going on for weeks.

I also tried spicy food, DTD etc and none of that had worked so I give up and I'll just sit here and wait lol.

Sorry that you had to be poked and prodded! Hopefully you feel abit better now after having some fluids? It's been so hot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't actually feeling bad yesterday, they only put me on the fluid drip be because my urine showed I was dehydrated. My blood pressure has been excellent my entire pregnancy, so not sure why it was up so much yesterday. They checked it heaps of times and it was always around the 140/95 mark which is apparently quite high. I'm am drinking heaps of water today, just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol.... I saw the thread title "anyone else over being pregnant?" and in my head I went YEP!!!!!!!!!
    Then I see both you guys are well over term and I'll back away slowly because I'm over it and I'm only 23+2 Lol. Looooonnng way to go!

Hope your bubbies come quickly!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's fine to be over it at any point, especially in summer Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nirok View Post
    Lol.... I saw the thread title "anyone else over being pregnant?" and in my head I went YEP!!!!!!!!!
    Then I see both you guys are well over term and I'll back away slowly because I'm over it and I'm only 23+2 Lol. Looooonnng way to go!

Hope your bubbies come quickly!!!
    Haha, yes you do still have a while to do hun. But it's ok if your over it too, I think I was at that stage as well. At least by the time you are our size though, it will be nice and cool for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope tomorrow cools down! I think the heat is making me feel abit off and I confuse it for labour signs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 25 weeks pregnant and almost at the same size I was when 38 weeks pregnant with my first.. I am definitely over being pregnant!!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyderu View Post
    I'm 25 weeks pregnant and almost at the same size I was when 38 weeks pregnant with my first.. I am definitely over being pregnant!!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was like that this time round with number two as well. Didn't get very big at all with my son, this one is a girl and I was massive by 20 weeks. People were asking me if there was only 1 in there lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So much harder for round two with a toddler as well!