+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To find out, or not find out..

I'm in two minds about finding out the sex of our baby..

DP wants to find out. He is the type of guy who needs everything planned out bit by bit lol

Where as I have had a child previously to this relationship, and wanted to keep it a surprise... With the thought that "we don't get many surprises in life" .. I also am with DP and would like to find out - just because I'm so excited...

Appreciate any opinions to help decision x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I personally like the surprise.
    But if your in two minds Get the sonographer to write it down on a big if paper and put it in a sealed envelope. You can either do something special to celebrate and open it or choose not to open it until after bub get here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first, i didn't want to find out, but DH desperately did. I'm so glad we did, I loved being able to shop and setup DS's room as well as focus on boys names, and identify him as a 'him'. This time we found out again and are having a girl so it's exciting all over again. The surprise for us is when they arrive, seeing what they look like and just meeting this amazing little person.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RaaRaaMumma For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought I'd find out with my first and leave the second a surprise.. I thought wrong LOL.. I hate surprises and finding out I was pregnant (both times) was surprise enough..

I'm glad I found out, both times.. But the second time more so.. I was convinced baby was a boy.. Tonne of reasons.. if I didn't find out I may have been stuck with a lot of blue things and maybe some disappointment haha because baby is most definitely a girl =)

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnyderu For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's definitely a personal choice, but also one in which you either have to agree or compromise on. Myself personally, I'm shocking with surprises and since this pregnancy has been a long time coming we will be going overboard! Having a little gender reveal with a few close family and friends.
    I think being a woman and shopping for baby things, it will be easier to know which gender you are buying for and quite exciting anticipating what they will look,Ike in each little outfit.

but like I said personal choice, and jcmummy said there is still a lot of surprise element to anticipate what your little boy or girl looks like etc!

whatever you decide to choose, good luck with it x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefaithbelieve For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had 5 surprises and 1 where we found out.
    I prefer the surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought I wanted a surprise this time but this pregnancy was very unplanned and I had trouble at first with it feeling very surreal and being worried about it all. I decided at the last minute to find out and I'm really glad I did. It all seems more real now and I can think of a name for my little boy. Boys names are hard to choose. I'm actually excited now and have started buying little boy clothes and stuff. So for me finding out was the best thing ever But i think it just depends on what your situation is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I liked the excitement of not knowing, I found it very difficult not to find out & did my best to "guess", it was all part of the fun. If I was ever lucky enough to have another bubba, I would definitely keep it as a surprise.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

hotelcaligirl  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Dp wants to find out so it is easier to pick a name. I'd love a surprise but I also want to know so I can plan everything! Then I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone else but my friends are dying to know so they can buy specific things...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chose to find out....I couldn't handle it once the doc knew lol! I don't feel that it ruined the experience at all....it was lovely knowing and I would find out again if I were to have another baby. Personal choice....good luck!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LJs Mum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-01-2014)