+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default C section in public hospital help?

Hi everyone. I'm not really sure where to put this, so I hope this is right.

Just wondering if anyone was able to get an elective C- section at a public hospital?

I had an emergency c section with my first son as he wouldn't descend despite the 30+ hours in labour before hand. He ended up being 4.5kgs, so just top big I guess. My hubby and I are actively ttc again right now, and am wanting an elective c- section with this next bub but I've heard it can be difficult to get in the public system.

Would this situation even be elective, given my past experience?

My doctor at the birth of my son did say that for future pregnancies I should insist on a growth scan at 30 weeks to see if I am expecting another big baby, but to be honest, no-one picked up on the size of my son the first time , we were always told he was right on average, I don't really trust them to get it right this time.

I know I shouldn't be worried about this yet, but I am stuck in my 2 week weight and am stressing everything lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the wall of text

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Having had an emergency c section with your first, you will have no problems having an elective with your second in the public system.

I have had 2 c sections in the public system. The 2nd time around I told the midwife at my first appointment that I wanted another c section and that was it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Madame Mayhem; 14-01-2014 at 14:19.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

jesssalee  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, totally your choice if you've already had a c section!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

jesssalee  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh awesome, that puts my mind at ease. I was worried they would just do a growth scan at 30 weeks then just say "oh no, the baby is normal, you can do a vb"

Thanks